National Gun Forum banner

81 - 100 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
It's a real puzzle. If I go for milk tonight and die in a car crash, my family and everyone else connected to me will change their behavior, maybe one of them will go to the store for milk (or not), and that goes for everyone connected to the crasher, and on and on. Too complicated for me. If there is a God directing this entire show, with 700 billion people, then my hats off to Him!
Yosemite, If you'll look deeply, I think you'll find it impossible for there to not be a higher intelligent power, (God) here's the main 2 theories of the universe boiled down, tell me which ones logical just from an atheistic point of view: Theory 1: A man buys a custom hand built 1911 competition pistol. he pulls it out of the box, and says "Wow, he did a fine job! No machine could do this!" Theory 2: A man walks into a Menards and blows it up, the items in the Menards proceed to perfectly fall into the shape of a house, complete with plumbing, electricity, and a Liberty safe mounted in the basement. and then it happens 2 more times, the 2nd and 3rd houses being newer models...

Now, we all know which of these stories is more believable, Something can't come of nothing, when we seem a gun we acknowledge there was a maker, so why when we look at a tree or that cool caterpillar a few pages back on this form, do we think it was by mere chance? A block of steel doesn't turn into a 1911 on its own, as you've probably noticed, everything of intelligent design has an intelligent creator. (That doesn't include modern art and its artists) believing their is no craftsman who made the fine craftsmanship is the same as believing that this perfectly formed blue ball, Perfectly formed for life, and the only like it we know of in the universe, completely happened by chance, That thousands of unique creatures and plants formed out of ONE cell from an Menards style expulsion in the cosmos 10 billion years ago happened by chance. No, I think you'd have a better chance at making the block of iron ore turn into a 1911 by staring at it really hard.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Known as "The Baltic Sea Anomaly" found accidentally by sonar 2011 by Swedish fishers. some say its a huge mushroom, others say a spaceship. A later Swedish diving team noted a 985-foot flattened out 'runway' leading up to the object, implying that it skidded along the path before stopping, its 200 feet wide and 10 feet tall... Like no mushroom I've ever seen!

·
Registered
14,711 Posts
I have had experiences that defy explanation. There is some thing going on tat we can't see. I don't know what it is, God? Aliens? God is an Alien? I just know there is something. I don't buy the idea of a God that places all these rules on us. Make me out of flesh, but resist desire of the flesh or I'll be separated from God? And all the other bs. Sounds like a prank an alien would pull. If that's the deal, then I guess I'll just go to hell.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I get exactly what you mean, it sounds like an Impossible game he's placed us into, the only thing is, its not his fault, we're in a fallen world, not because of him, but because of of ourselves, the pulls of the flesh is not the desires of God, but its something we have to live with our whole lives, Fight the desires of the devil, not the desires of God. Freedom is not the natural state of things, nor is the goodness of man... At least for myself, I believe we're here for a reason, because without a God, we're just meaningless meat sacks floating though space, life is meaningless, if a person believes there's nothing after physical life, there's no point to anything, why don't people run naked though the streets killing each other? There would no reason for morality because there's nothing after death and we just turn into worm food after we die. And that's it. I think that's a more depressing view... I hope you'll at least give it a deeper thought and some research. :)

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
23,175 Posts
I have had experiences that defy explanation. There is some thing going on tat we can't see. I don't know what it is, God? Aliens? God is an Alien? I just know there is something. I don't buy the idea of a God that places all these rules on us. Make me out of flesh, but resist desire of the flesh or I'll be separated from God? And all the other bs. Sounds like a prank an alien would pull. If that's the deal, then I guess I'll just go to hell.
God created Earth and mankind on Earth. I look at it like gunownership, if you build one AR, wouldn't you build another? There are probably other Earths and other lifeforms, and some of them decided to visit us.

·
Registered
277 Posts
That's actually a vary good analogy, Though I am of the believe that if there are other intelligent left forms, (Which I have a feeling there may be) they're not of God.

·
Registered
14,074 Posts
81 - 100 of 145 Posts