National Gun Forum banner

61 - 80 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
In April 1977, the Japanese fishing trawler Zuiyo-maru operating off the coast of New Zealand snagged a large carcass at a depth of about 1,000 feet. The carcass was brought to the surface and onto the ship. The dead creature was about 33 feet long and weighed about 4,000 pounds. Believed to be a Plesiosaur!

·
Registered
99 Posts
In April 1977, the Japanese fishing trawler Zuiyo-maru operating off the coast of New Zealand snagged a large carcass at a depth of about 1,000 feet. The carcass was brought to the surface and onto the ship. The dead creature was about 33 feet long and weighed about 4,000 pounds. Believed to be a Plesiosaur!
View attachment 121367
IIRC....it was eventually identified as a badly decomposed blue whale carcass.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
23,175 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I’ve cut it with a power saw, removed it from pipes, removed floor tiles and a removed it from in walls. So far so good. Then again I’ve inhaled a ton of questionable junk over the years.

·
Registered
14,074 Posts
I’ve cut it with a power saw, removed it from pipes, removed floor tiles and a removed it from in walls. So far so good. Then again I’ve inhaled a ton of questionable junk over the years.
I've been around it a bit too in the last 30 years.

·
Registered
14,711 Posts
I was talking to an attorney some years back...don't know why, I don't talk to attorneys often, but he just through into the conversation "have you ever been exposed to asbestos?" Just looking for some "business". I just said "yea, it was everywhere, I'm sure I found some somewhere". Who cares? Something is going to kill me someday.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yup, you're right Yosemite, somethins' gunna kill you day, Gods appointed a time. That's how Abe Lincoln thought, it had vary little worry about his life and personal safety, I often rode though Washington alone at night with no guard, while he was on one of these night rides alone, someone took a shot at him, he rode away as fast as he could. Later, back at the stables he found a bullet hole though is stove pipe hat about 3 inches from his head. When someone said he should stop taking these rides alone he said (Semi quoting) "I could go with a hundred soldiers and it would make no difference, If its my appointed time to die, and if the assassin determined, no, not even a thousand armed men will stop him..."

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,590 Posts
While it is true that something's gonna eventually get you and when your time's up its up, I now do my level best to delay those eventualities.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yes, Of course to take a good dose of common sense and don't do stupid things, like jumping of fa cliff with no parachute saying: "My times not up yet, so I'll survive" though its interesting to ponder, that when your mind tells you not to do something, like deciding not to go to the store late at night for milk when you really need it, that that may be God actually telling you not to go because you'll die in a car crash. Though we don't know it, are minds are probably changed by God every day, like when you have a sudden change of heart about doing something or going somewhere, maybe that's God stopping us from going, because if we had done said thing, we may have died.

I'm probably not making any sense

·
Premium Member
6,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Thad, you getting back in to those edibles? The scary part is I completely understand what you were saying. Lol.

·
Registered
14,711 Posts
It's a real puzzle. If I go for milk tonight and die in a car crash, my family and everyone else connected to me will change their behavior, maybe one of them will go to the store for milk (or not), and that goes for everyone connected to the crasher, and on and on. Too complicated for me. If there is a God directing this entire show, with 700 billion people, then my hats off to Him!

61 - 80 of 145 Posts