National Gun Forum banner

21 - 40 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
14,425 Posts
I have seen a few up close, they are very cool. One behind our old house was about 6 feet in diameter and was in two trees. I have to question the dimensions of the meme though. 9 foot diameter and 20 feet deep? I wonder if those numbers are backwards?

·
Keep calm & return fire!
13,088 Posts
I have seen a few up close, they are very cool. One behind our old house was about 6 feet in diameter and was in two trees. I have to question the dimensions of the meme though. 9 foot diameter and 20 feet deep? I wonder if those numbers are backwards?
I'm with ya. I didn't think those dimensions seemed right either.
According to Guinness they're correct... Largest bird's nest

·
Registered
313 Posts
I've seen them, there's two at our park, one is down on the ground and in a viewing cage (Weighs 2,000 some pounds) and the other is still up in a tree and being used, you'll find all sorts of cool bones at the base of the tree lol, they are incredible creations for incredible birds!

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Nest building is a science. Come nest building season, I'll sit t the park and watch these birds come searching for the perfect stick, grass, whatever, for a very specific purpose. Amazing. They don't seem to get sidetracked, like maybe I can use this for that, they stick to their goal.

·
Registered
14,425 Posts
I'm with ya. I didn't think those dimensions seemed right either.
According to Guinness they're correct... Largest bird's nest
Thanks! Strange, everyone i have seen in person or pictures just seem several feet deep at most.

Reactions: Speed

·
Registered
313 Posts
That's amazing! If you watch ASP, (Active Self Protection) they joke a lot about undercover Berzelian officers because they seem to be everywhere and they're so good ha ha

21 - 40 of 245 Posts