National Gun Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
17,547 Posts
I have seen a few up close, they are very cool. One behind our old house was about 6 feet in diameter and was in two trees. I have to question the dimensions of the meme though. 9 foot diameter and 20 feet deep? I wonder if those numbers are backwards?

· Registered
17,547 Posts
I'm with ya. I didn't think those dimensions seemed right either.
According to Guinness they're correct... Largest bird's nest
Thanks! Strange, everyone i have seen in person or pictures just seem several feet deep at most.

Reactions: Speed

· Registered
17,547 Posts
I used to pick up trash at a DMV warehouse and i once found a motorcycle plate that was all zero's. Just one of those sample plates they hang on the wall, looked interesting so i kept it with a bunch of other junk i would find here and there when working. When ebay started to gain traction back in the late 90's -2000 or so i started selling some of that accumulated " junk". I listed that plate hoping to get a few bucks. I don't recall what it sold for but the bids went crazy being lots of people collect plates. I think i made like 5-6K that year selling nothing but stuff i found in the trash.

· Registered
17,547 Posts
I’ve cut it with a power saw, removed it from pipes, removed floor tiles and a removed it from in walls. So far so good. Then again I’ve inhaled a ton of questionable junk over the years.
I've been around it a bit too in the last 30 years.

· Registered
17,547 Posts
Reactions: LimaCharlie

· Registered
17,547 Posts
Looks like under the dashboard of a modern car now.

· Registered
17,547 Posts
I believe that was done on purpose to fix something, a buddy of mine who lives out there was telling me something about it years ago.

· Registered
17,547 Posts
Collecting bodies.....and coins, and a host of other things. Probably a lot of wedding rings, engagement rings, etc.
yeah that would be a good place to metal detect! Just hope you're not on the bottom when you hear some guy yell "hey Rodney turn the valve".

Reactions: Speed

· Registered
17,547 Posts
What are those tunnels for? I've never heard of them.

· Registered
17,547 Posts
I guess mountain climbers don't have a carry in-carry out policy.

· Registered
17,547 Posts
Not sure if that's a reflection or not but that forcing cone looks heavily copper fouled!

· Registered
17,547 Posts
Looks to me like that copper jacked bullet is firmly stuck in the forcing cone.
To me it looks like the bullet is into the forcing cone/barrel about 3/8". Behind it looks very coppery in the forcing cone but again it may be a reflection off the back of the bullet. If not that guy has some serious cleaning to do.

· Registered
17,547 Posts
I wonder if that will fit on my Hyundai?

· Registered
17,547 Posts

· Registered
17,547 Posts
View attachment 135462

I was just going to buy one of those but you have to pledge $200 for a kick starter pre order campaign with no ship date listed. Price is a but steep and I don't feel comfortable sending them money without the product being shipped.

· Registered
17,547 Posts

· Registered
17,547 Posts

· Registered
17,547 Posts

1 - 18 of 18 Posts