National Gun Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm getting ready to contact S&W about my 686+ barrel issue.

Not sure the term i should use to address the problem. And don't want to sound like an idiot.

My barrel is over tightened and my front sight is 3 degree's to the left.

Is fixing my problem all they should do for my compensation, or should they give me a free Performance Center gunsmith job?

What do you think?
I paid $850 brand new.

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
Sounds like you have everything you need to go to S&W with the issue. I would contact them and explain your situation just as you have here. Great pics by the way. S&W have a good service dept. and should be willing to give you the heads up on the revolver. Good luck :thumbsup:

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,706 Posts
S&W should repair the problems with their revolver. Anything else should be considered an added benefit and it shows bad form to ask for, or expect, anything else other than making the revolver correct.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Smith & Wessons' customer service has always been good to me... even sending me parts at no cost if it was a simple fix. The only time I had to send a new gun back, they mailed me all the paper work and UPS return shipping label. Call them I'm sure they will take care or you.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,706 Posts
If your revolver was purchased new its problems are the result of poor quality control.

This reply is a cop out.

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
I kinda thought so too Popeye.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have to agree poor Quality "control"... but, Quality Assurance is responsible for 2 things, Fit for purpose and right the first time. QC watches the assembly line to make sure the process works. When QC gets blamed it's the bench tech that takes the heat... when it's probably QA's fault. They are responsible for the engineering that makes the gun parts, fit for purpose and right the first time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts