National Gun Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could I own a Glock 19 Gen4 with a suppressor in CT? If not, would I have to get a Glock 19 pre-ban? I am aware of the tax stamps and the paperwork process for silencers and I would like to get one.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
23,414 Posts
Private ownership of suppressors are legal in CT. So yes, you could own one, IF you're old enough, not a felon, never been convicted of domestic violence and haven't been locked up in the looney bin.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
I don't believe there are any banned or pre banned glocks? If so that's a new one on me. There are however magazine restrictions in many states and i believe CT is one of them. If so glock makes 10 round mags for most if not all their handguns.

·
On a Search For Truth
316 Posts
You also need to pay a $200 tax stamp for suppressors... Something along that line, don't quote me though...

Enjoying our unconstitutional state yet?:weapons:

~Mason

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
You also need to pay a $200 tax stamp for suppressors... Something along that line, don't quote me though...

Enjoying our unconstitutional state yet?:weapons:

~Mason
I do find it ridiculous that Connecticut actually still calls themselves the constitution state, what a joke that is.

·
Super Moderator
5,829 Posts
In simple, no. If you did not register it before 01/01/14 then once more, no. Threaded barrels on pistols are illegal and defined as "assualt weapons". Even the little 22lr Ruger Mark with a threaded barrel is now an "assualt weapon" in CT.

Now for your pre-ban question. If you purchase a pre-ban it must be of the first ban type, before Sept. 14, 1994. Only then could you purchase it and have a threaded barrel on it.
Still, even if you have this Pre Ban Glock with a threaded barrel, you still would need to follow the "assualt weapons" laws here in CT. Its defined as an "assualt weapon", so its very well likely you will not be able to carry it with the threaded barrel.

You could find out if the Glock is a pre ban by calling Glock. Last I heard from people in CT, Glock is getting flooded by the influx of calls, finding if their Glcok is a pre-ban. So they might tell you send an email.

Sound suppressors are legal to purchase and to own in CT. You will need to submit form, pay the tax, and the wait till you get the ok. Right now in CT its six months to a year.

Side note for you - you must still have a ten round magazine for it.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
So what exactly is a banned or pre ban glock? Are we talking strictly threaded barrels or is there some other reason? I've never heard of this before. If it's a barrel or mag issue can't you just swap them?

·
Super Moderator
5,829 Posts
Glocks by name are not banned in Connecticut. Every Glock with threaded barrels are banned, just change the barrel and its legal. Though here's the catch...if found with a threaded barrel (or any parts to make a firearm into an "assault weapon" by the states mentality) in your possession or home for any firearm its a felony.
Pre-ban Glocks are good to purchase, if you want to have a threaded barrel in a Glock. One could purchase a pre-ban Glock with a threaded barrel or install one. Though you will most likely not be carrying it, due to laws defining it / classifying it "assault weapon".
Its the threaded barrel (among other items) that will put it into the "assault weapon" class.

Pretty much any pistol with a threaded barrel is an "assault weapon" here now, pre-ban or not. We can not purchase pistols made after Sept. 14, 1994 with a threaded barrel.
If someone registered a pistol before 01/01/2014, its still considered an "assault weapon". Which having one ("assault weapon") you must follow these non common sense and non rational thinking laws...not to mention illegal and un Constitutional....pertaining to "assault weapons".

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Ok i got it now. Here in NY they gave us a time frame to register "assault rifles" but i had never heard of anything with pistols. They pretty much just said no threaded barrels anymore(except on the registered rifles). I know some guys just bought new barrels and i think i heard someone talking about having some milled off......At least you guys can still have them but i bet those pre ban guns bring a premium. It would be nice if we had normal laws....

·
Super Moderator
5,829 Posts
Huh ok interesting. Would the rifles in NY with threaded barrel considered "assault rifles"? The CT elites went all out even on shotguns. At first pre-bans firearms here were selling very high. Now the prices seem to be coming down and settling because we pretty much said no to the gougers.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
If they are semi auto you can have one "evil" feature and after that it's a "assault rife" The features are detachable mag, threaded barrel, bayonet, pistol grip, forward grip, collapsible stock....you get the idea. Pretty sure they allow the threaded barrel on rifles IF you registered them but from now on no more threaded barrels on anything. You know because of all the mafia hitmen running around with silencers knocking people off and such. At least you guys can have silencers, we can't have any NFA stuff here. With all that said i still see people at the range with stuff they aren't supposed to have. Some of them have no clue on the laws and other could care less. Seen a guy a few weeks ago with a regular AR with 30 round mags and a glock with a 33 round mag.

I had no interest in owning a AR until they passed the law saying i can't have one. That's why i built the compliant one with a crowned barrel, thorsten stock etc and got the saiga AK.. If you tell me i can't have one then now i want one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts