National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For real, I am a registered Democrat.

About 12 years ago, we were having a hotly contested election, and I registered as a Dem, so I'd be able to vote for the least electable Dem, to help insure they would lose the election.

It didn't work, but it could if enough of us would do it.

By the way, I got the idea from a true blue dem, who told me it was common practice for many dems to do that.

Doug

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zell is a conservative democrat.

ps: in GA you don't have to register. When you come in the primary you ask for a D or R ballot. In the general election everybody gets the same one. It's common to vote D to get the worst candidate on the ballot to make it easier for the Republican.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
If any of those farmers and wine growers around your part of Oregon find out that you are a registered Democrat, you will be lynched! :eek:

But thanks for sharing! Its good to get that kind of burden off your chest! ;)

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Hey pard, I amost called for a Tucson Neck Tie Party. Good thing you cleared it up.

By the way, I see no reason why a gun owner, conservative can't be a demoncrate.

Actually we have the Blue Dog Democrates to thank for keeping Nancy Pelosi under control in the Senate. All those half baked schemes of her "first 100 days" didn't get anywhere because she couldn't bring the conservative dems to heel.

·
Banned
818 Posts
It's all good my friend. There's many pro-gun Democrats out there. I'm extremely pro-Second Amendment, but if you guys' knew my political beliefs, you would easily label me as a Liberal. I really don't care because even though I got Liberal beliefs, I lean more towards the Right. ;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well, I worked in politics for years and I can tell you, there are lots of Dems who are personally pro-gun, but the party is off the wall, and lots of Republicans who are anti-gun, bu the party keeps them in line.

Our former Governor Carnahan was not particualry anti-gun, but he got painted that way because of the Democrat Party's policies. Jack Danforth was anti-gun on a personal basis but the Republicans in Missouri made sure he shut up.

I think that if the Democrats were to quit with the gun control crap, admit that the 2nd Amendment is a personal right and put that in their plank, they would be hard to stop, but, they ain't that smart..conversely I can think of a couple of issues that are killing the Republicans but they won't change come Hell or high water.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts