National Gun Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our parish just wrapped up a special meeting concering the removal of our Defenders of the South statue here in Lake Charles and with the results of the vote the statue will remain in it's current place. This has been the third attempt to get it removed. While most people don't know or want to know the history and reasons behind the monument. I personally am glad the our parish goverment has basically said enough is enough. Now just waiting to see if this makes the news, this attempt was started by one of the judges up for election opened the can of worms for votes it made MSM.

·
Registered
6,130 Posts
The relevant i could find in a short search.
You are correct it seems to be a local story for the most part.
Interesting reading. Thank you.

June 26, 2020 at 1:52 PM CDT - Updated June 26 at 10:17 PM

LAKE CHARLES, La. (KPLC) -Lake Charles Mayor Nic Hunter is being applauded after calling for removal of the South’s Defenders statue at the old Calcasieu Courthouse.

At the same time, he's being criticized on social media for his stand.

Hunter took to Facebook to publicly announce he supports removing the confederate statue from the grounds of the old Calcasieu courthouse.

“In the year 2020, a courthouse lawn is not the place for this monument,” Hunter said. “The statue should not be destroyed or erased. It should be relocated with thoughtfulness and modern context, and while I do not have the answer for where it should be relocated to, I am willing to be a part of a constructive conversation about this and how to move forward together.”

Hunter declined to do interviews out of respect for the Calcasieu Police Jury which has authority to remove it.

Jul 5, 2020 Updated Jul 5, 2020

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
We here in Texas applaud our brothers in Louisiana.
I firmly believe in most parts if it was put up in a general election where people would not be intimidated to vote for the removal due to cancel culture. These monuments would be staying put.
Then if vandels wish to tear them down illegally, they should be dealt with accordingly.
Way to go lake Charles!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The worst part about this was a judge up for election to a higher court along with a lawyer started the move for removal this time. Did not put the election and judge togeather until a week later election signs started going up. These people will do anything for votes. For me moving the monument to the veterans memorial park since it is a memorial to civil war veterans would have been fine but the city does not want this. The only option the cancel culture is gone and rewrite history to there satisfaction.

·
Registered
18,615 Posts
"Then if vandals wish to tear them down illegally, they should be dealt with accordingly."

Laws against defacing or destroying monuments don't apply in cities or counties or even states that are "ruled" by DEMOCRAT administrations and "little kings/queens".

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
'I am willing to be a part of a constructive conversation about this and how to move forward together'

Is it funny that DemocRAT seem to use the same verbiage when they are trying to do something to advance their agenda...........................

Reactions: underdog

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now the people wanting the statue come down are doing a so called boycott of the business owned or managed by the Police Jurors that voted against its removal. It's a Goya boycott only small scale, more people coming out in support of the jurors.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Now the people wanting the statue come down are doing a so called boycott of the business owned or managed by the Police Jurors that voted against its removal. It's a Goya boycott only small scale, more people coming out in support of the jurors.
Before the stupid liberals went after Goya I had never heard of them. Now if I need something and they make it, thats what I buy.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
704 Posts
'I am willing to be a part of a constructive conversation about this and how to move forward together'

Is it funny that DemocRAT seem to use the same verbiage when they are trying to do something to advance their agenda...........................
And it's usually a RIGHT that we have that they want to take away......

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,205 Posts
Before the stupid liberals went after Goya I had never heard of them. Now if I need something and they make it, thats what I buy.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk
I heard of them before but rarely bought any of their stuff. Not a big bean person which is much of what they sell. Still don't see any in my area and not sure if it's just selling like hotcakes or not being sold anymore due to the political climate.

I'm still waiting for those MLK and Robert Byrd statues, plaques and street signs to come down......

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Goya is well known in South Florida for obvious reasons, every supermarket worth its salt will have Goya products.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I heard of them before but rarely bought any of their stuff. Not a big bean person which is much of what they sell. Still don't see any in my area and not sure if it's just selling like hotcakes or not being sold anymore due to the political climate.

I'm still waiting for those MLK and Robert Byrd statues, plaques and street signs to come down......
Those won't come down it does not fit the narative. There were people saying that even if they don't eat the Goya products they were buying them and donating them to food banks.

·
Registered
6,130 Posts
Virginia Senator Louise Lucas was charged Monday on felony counts in connection with the attempted destruction of the Confederate Monument in Portsmouth during a protest in June.
Lucas faces charges of injury to a monument in excess of $1,000 and conspiracy to commit a felony, as do three local NAACP representatives and a Portsmouth School Board member. Three public defenders and others face a felony charge of injury to a monument in excess of $1,000.

The arrest of Virginia's Senate president pro tempore is raising suspicions from the state's top Democrats.
The timing of the arrest raised questions from Virginia House Rep. Lee Carter (D), given that the state legislature was set to reconvene this week for a special session on criminal justice reform. Virginia's constitution bars the arrest of General Assembly members during or 15 days before their sessions, except for "treason, felony, or breach of the peace."

Reactions: varifleman

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Goya black bean soup is not bad, try it sometime.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts