National Gun Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Ya just don't get it, do ya? YOU are the cause of lost OC rights.
How?? No one has EVERY called the police on me, i have had numerous intelligent talks with people in my community, and I will expect a retraction to the your OC statement when Open Carry Texas, helps RESTORE OC of handguns to their state.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,706 Posts
Look at your home state, California.

I say again;

Ya see? Due to your, and others like you, efforts. ALL OC, including long guns (exept for hunting, fishing, on one's own property, camping in primitive areas, etc., etc.) is banned in California. We were flying beneath the grabber's radar until some idealogues rubbed their nose's in that fact.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
A right unexercised is a right lost

Also let me quote Mr Franklin "those that would give up liberty to achieve temporary safety, deserve neither and stand to loose both!

This is unfortunately, one of the most misunderstood and misused quote's of all time.

·
53,706 Posts
I had nothing to do with it, and what the state did was unconstitutional and will be overturned by Nichols V Brown
Your crystal ball is cloudy.

I say again;

Ya see? Due to your, and others like you, efforts. ALL OC, including long guns (exept for hunting, fishing, on one's own property, camping in primitive areas, etc., etc.) is banned in California. We were flying beneath the grabber's radar until some idealogues rubbed the grabber's noses in that fact.

What did you think would happen?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
How?? No one has EVERY called the police on me, i have had numerous intelligent talks with people in my community, and I will expect a retraction to the your OC statement when Open Carry Texas, helps RESTORE OC of handguns to their state.

:rolleyes5: Sure, just look how well that's working out for you here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Look at your home state, California.

I say again;

Ya see? Due to your, and others like you, efforts. ALL OC, including long guns (exept for hunting, fishing, on one's own property, camping in primitive areas, etc., etc.) is banned in California. We were flying beneath the grabber's radar until some idealogues rubbed their nose's in that fact.
OK Popeye, teach me, enlighten me, how does one Open Carry when it is legal to do so without being called a problem??

It was as you know legal at one time, so is it your stance that people in everyday life, and daily activities and errands, cause a problem?? that seems idiotic to me.

"It is YOUR fault they banned OC, because YOU Open Carried... lol Wow, can you see the stupidity in that statement?

·
53,706 Posts
Like with your pathetically ineffective 'empty holster' grab for attention and subsiquent YouTube video, your OC buddies went out of their way to draw attention to themselves by flaunting their firearms in public. (Very few, if any, gunfights break out at Starbucks) Their in-your-face actions directly led to further restrictions on OC in California. Their non-thinking, idiotic, damn public opinion attitude and, I may add, against the recomendations and pleas of their betters, screams for attention proved to be detrimental to the cause of furthering firearms rights in California.

The exact opposite of their publicly stated goals happened. Just as they had been counceled would happen. They ended up carrying the enemy's water.

·
53,706 Posts
True, read the whole thread, lots of support :)
Your goals are admirable. Your tactics are reprehensible. You achieve the opposite of your stated goals.

This makes thinking people wonder...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Like with your pathetically ineffective 'empty holster' grab for attention and subsiquent YouTube video, your OC buddies went out of their way to draw attention to themselves by flaunting their firearms in public. (Very few, if any, gunfights break out at Starbucks) Their in-your-face actions directly led to further restrictions on OC in California. Their non-thinking, idiotic, damn public opinion attitude and, I may add, against the recomendations and pleas of their betters, screams for attention proved to be detrimental to the cause of furthering firearms rights in California.

The exact opposite of their publicly stated goals happened. Just as they had been counceled would happen. They ended up carrying the enemy's water.
So you are psychic??? you know when you will need you firearm?? so what if they went for coffee with their sidearm, if the business was ok with it, they have a RIGHT to have it just in case they need it, again i ask you, how does one open carry and not be a problem? Again your point of you OC'd so it is your fault they banned OC sounds silly to me. It sounds to me like you think no one should open carry, are you against everyday open carry for self defence of self and others?? most states allow it in the US, and people in those states, and some of the members that posted on this thread have done it in the past.. Are you calling them attention whores???

·
Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
WOW, Great post!!!!

And with that in mind, what would you do if you could only OC a long gun for protection period, no handgun OC??
I do like to believe if I was forced to live in a very liberal anti gun state I would work closely with the other organization's that are also trying to further my rights as opposed to fighting against them.

But then again I would rather tread water in the middle of the north sea nude during the winter time than live in California.

·
53,706 Posts
I'm calling you and your ilk 'attention whores'. Your actions in California have proved me correct.

Your 'empty holster' gambit is merely another way to draw attention to yourself. If it weren't you wouldn't have needed a video camera. You went out courting attention and when it arrived without whistles, bells and accolades you figured you had proved your point. In fact, you proved the grabber's point. You pulled a Peace Officer away from his necessary duties. You precipitated a kerfluffle, drew attention to yourself and achieved little else to positively advance firearms legislation in California.

You carried the enemy's water. You made it easier for them to enact further restrictions.

·
Registered
9,128 Posts
JYD911 I am curious do you smoke? You may or may not remember when everyone use to smoke in restaurant or anywhere. Now you have a right to smoke but over time because no one showed any respect for non smokers they are restricting the places you can which also infringes on your freedom to choose.
What about your right to eat what you want and make yourself fat. Why should I pay for your healthcare when you choose to be fat and unhealthy. You have your rights but when your rights are causing others grief then they will soon outnumber you and you will lose this right.
If you want to make a statement for gun rights then make a responsible one and pretest where the politicians are not the general public trying to live there lives. You don't seem to understand that just because you have the right to bear arms you forget that they have the right to choose not to. Because they choose not to when you protest in this way it appears that you are trying to force them to carry a gun and that is what they see.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I'm calling you and your ilk 'attention whores'. Your actions in California have proved me correct.

Your 'empty holster' gambit is merely another way to draw attention to yourself. If it weren't you wouldn't have needed a video camera. You went out courting attention and when it arrived without whistles, bells and accolades you figured you had proved your point. In fact, you proved the grabber's point. You pulled a Peace Officer away from his necessary duties. You precipitated a kerfluffle, drew attention to yourself and achieved little else to positively advance firearms legislation in California.

You carried the enemy's water. You made it easier for them to enact further restrictions.
So you think people should not voice their opinions? You mention the video camera (actually a CELLPHONE) do you not have one with you?? If something happens it is better to have video documentation than my word against a police officers word isn't it?? Are you against the 1st Amendment or something? So it is the VIDEO you actually have an issue with. Well 4k people have seen it so far, and some of them probably have a better understanding of our rights when talking to a cop. I did not hunt down a cop, he just happened to see me, and want to chat, nothing bad or negative happened, they were cool.

Also, you every seen the TV show Cops? Are they attention starved individuals?? How about the local news that video and report, are they attention starved idiots?

So i took my camera and made a video, so i talk to people i otherwise would never get to chat with, before you knock it, you should help the cause by trying it, or do you not have the guts?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
JYD911 I am curious do you smoke? You may or may not remember when everyone use to smoke in restaurant or anywhere. Now you have a right to smoke but over time because no one showed any respect for non smokers they are restricting the places you can which also infringes on your freedom to choose.
What about your right to eat what you want and make yourself fat. Why should I pay for your healthcare when you choose to be fat and unhealthy. You have your rights but when your rights are causing others grief then they will soon outnumber you and you will lose this right.
If you want to make a statement for gun rights then make a responsible one and pretest where the politicians are not the general public trying to live there lives. You don't seem to understand that just because you have the right to bear arms you forget that they have the right to choose not to. Because they choose not to when you protest in this way it appears that you are trying to force them to carry a gun and that is what they see.
I see your point, and i understand your position, but again that is not the way of the Republic, The smoking point was good, but smoking is not a Constitutional right enumerated in the bill of rights. what you are saying is, here let me put it like this. In the news recently was a student that was sent home because he wore a shirt with an American flag on it on Cinco De Mayo. Do you agree that the students right to express his love for his flag and country could be trampled on because it offended hispanics? It is the same thing.

When you start believing it is ok to trample a right due to others fealings, you have sucomed to mob rule, and your now a progressive, not a Republic.
JMHO

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
One more thing, i have a king's Camo hat that has a built in, sewn on face cloth mask for hunting, on a hot day if I want to drop it down so i do not get to much sun, would it be ok for the police to tell me not to because it scares people??

I would not walk into a store like that, if that is my choice, for my own safety, but would you be ok with me being FORCED not to protect my skin the way I see fit?

·
53,706 Posts
When you are proved wrong and have lost the argument... change the subject. That's the "progressive" way.

Now its about First Amendment Rights?

You are a blind ideologue, uncompromising and dogmatic, you are unable to see the damage you're causing.

Either that, or you really are secretly in the grabber's camp.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
When you are proved wrong and have lost the argument... change the subject. That's the "progressive" way.

Now its about First Amendment Rights?

You are a blind ideologue, uncompromising and dogmatic, you are unable to see the damage you're causing.

Either that, or you really are secretly in the grabber's camp.
no, you brought up the video, i was just explaining my stance as a response, we are having a conversation, there is NO right or WRONG, just different opinions and points of view.

but thank you for stating your thoughts, that is enlightening. :)

·
Registered
9,128 Posts
The schools are a completely different story and they are one edge because of things like this. Sure he had every right to wear the American flag on to school but did he wear it that day just to stir the pot? Because of this now no one can wear a American flag at this school just because he wanted to make a statement.
One or a few people making a statement against the masses looks like someone making trouble. If you want to make a worth wild statement then get the masses together. Then you will make a statement. Just because a few people think public nudity is ok does not mean the masses do. 100,000 folks at a court house makes a statement if they all remove their clothes. If 4 people do it well it's 4 crazies taking off their clothes off.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts