National Gun Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Wow, all good points and opinions and I thank you, alow me to play devils advocate for a minute.

To kcox's post "You cannot force your lifestyle choices on another person. It's just not right"
My opinion to that is, that is just whats happening to the Open Carry's, works both ways.

to the posts with negative opinions of the AR's, my opinion is, Carry on, they carry those because the can not OC a handgun, and most feel they can not be forced to pay fees for something that is a right ie CCW. Once you are forced to do that, you have admitted to the gov. that it is now a privilege and no longer a right.

When you give in and start thinking just because someone is scared and or offended, you can take the right away... congrats your a LIBERAL

JMHO

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
You evidently missed the posts about common courtesy. Also, if they can afford an AR then they can afford a handgun.

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Liberal....hummm strong word on a gun board and brave word from behind a computer:yesnod1:

·
Curmudgeon
4,379 Posts
When you give in and start thinking just because someone is scared and or offended, you can take the right away... congrats your a LIBERAL
We have the right in the first place so that we can turn out with our own weapons to form a militia when needed. What part of that means we should walk in the mall displaying a loaded AR just to piss people off and get yourself attention and views on a youtube video? That is just plain stupid, at the very least. And anyone who walks with an AR cocked and locked has already proved he's an idiot, and should be arrested for unsafe misuse of an otherwise allowed tool, such that he presents a risk of deadly injury to himself and others.

If you thought that you could come to any random gun board and spout your nonsense and get some attaboys, you should have first checked for the presence of grown-ups. We do have a few of those here, and we take guns and rights seriously. You and your buddies take it as a joke, but we here are not laughing. Can't you tell? Or are you already gone? This a hit and run? You from Bloomberg? I'd bet we never hear from you again.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
We have the right in the first place so that we can turn out with our own weapons to form a militia when needed.
Learn something-

1. Operative Clause.

a. “Right of the People.” The first salient feature of the operative clause is that it codifies a “right of the people.” The unamended Constitution and the Bill of Rights use the phrase “right of the people” two other times, in the First Amendment ’s Assembly-and-Petition Clause and in the Fourth Amendment ’s Search-and-Seizure Clause. The Ninth Amendment uses very similar terminology (“The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people”). All three of these instances unambiguously refer to individual rights, not “collective” rights, or rights that may be exercised only through participation in some corporate body.5

also -

State v. Chandler, 5 La. Ann. 489, 490 (1850), the Louisiana Supreme Court held that citizens had a right to carry arms openly: “This is the right guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States, and which is calculated to incite men to a manly and noble defence of themselves, if necessary, and of their country, without any tendency to secret advantages and unmanly assassinations.”” – US Supreme Court – District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

·
Curmudgeon
4,379 Posts
And we all have the right to act like idiots, which is, in this case, the right to take actions that threaten the rights of others. Gotta give you credit JYD, for standing your ground when it is obvious that you are completely wrong. Do you recognize that regular people have the right to not be terrorized by a foolish and selfish kid with a gun?

·
Curmudgeon
4,379 Posts
FWIW, I was once stopped for open carry. This is how an adult deals with it. You may learn something. I was carrying a .44 mag revolver in a full flap holster, mounted crossdraw, walking Mrs Brewster's Shih Tzu in the late afternoon. A neighbor was frightened, apparently, and phoned 911. LEO arrives. A noobie, he is not happy either. He tells me to put the gun on the hood of his car. It would have been stupid to resist, so I complied, belt and all, so as not to scare him by drawing the piece from the leather. In a few minutes his superior arrived, gave me back the Redhawk, and I was on my way. Next morning I went to the neighbor's house, introduced myself, and she gave me a cup of coffee. Now she feels safer when she sees me walking the cur. That will not get me any views on youtube, but it sure makes me more of a man than the idiot in that video you posted, and it got us one more friend, rather than many enemies.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,706 Posts

JMHO
And... when buffoons ignore public opinion and continue on with their crusade which causes further carry restrictions... congrats, you are CARRYING THE ENEMY'S WATER!

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Lets just say if I'm sitting in a cafe having breakfast with my Wife, and some good conservative gun owner walks in with a loaded AR15. And lets say he waves (accidentally or otherwise) that AR in the direction of my Wife - he's going to die. Probably by me: unless one of the many local CCW owners in the area react quicker than I do. I guess that would make him dead right, and me a live gun toting liberal - huh??

·
Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
I am actually a pretty big oc advocate. But with all things discression is often needed. When I was in NC I oced all the time. I don't like the idea of having to get a permit to excersize a constitutional right.

Did that mean I had a SASR slung across my back when I went out? No. I just very calmly oced my 1911. I did not go to oc lunches. And I made sure to be able to calmly and correctly explain to people why I carried. 99% of the time I had good experiences with curious people. On occasion I had bad experiences with LEOs. But as I was in the right and was able to remain calm I always walked away from the encounter.

·
Registered
38 Posts
To kcox's post "You cannot force your lifestyle choices on another person. It's just not right"
My opinion to that is, that is just whats happening to the Open Carry's, works both ways.
You're right, they are forcing their lifestyle choices on us but they do so because they fear us. The proper response to that is not to get louder and more "in your face", but is to show these people that they have nothing to fear. Unless of course your goal is to be feared, in which case I hate to tell you buddy but you're in the minority and you will lose. Hate to burst your bubble.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
And we all have the right to act like idiots, which is, in this case, the right to take actions that threaten the rights of others. Gotta give you credit JYD, for standing your ground when it is obvious that you are completely wrong. Do you recognize that regular people have the right to not be terrorized by a foolish and selfish kid with a gun?
Can You quote the amendment or anywhere in the Constitution that says, if you might scare people, you can not excersise your right to self defence in the ONLY way you can??

I again can quote one for my point, it was also cited in Heller, and is the 2nd Amendment, and I quote;

State v. Chandler, 5 La. Ann. 489, 490 (1850), the Louisiana Supreme Court held that citizens had a right to carry arms openly: “This is the right guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States, and which is calculated to incite men to a manly and noble defence of themselves, if necessary, and of their country, without any tendency to secret advantages and unmanly assassinations.”” – US Supreme Court – District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
FWIW, I was once stopped for open carry. This is how an adult deals with it. You may learn something. I was carrying a .44 mag revolver in a full flap holster, mounted crossdraw, walking Mrs Brewster's Shih Tzu in the late afternoon. A neighbor was frightened, apparently, and phoned 911. LEO arrives. A noobie, he is not happy either. He tells me to put the gun on the hood of his car. It would have been stupid to resist, so I complied, belt and all, so as not to scare him by drawing the piece from the leather. In a few minutes his superior arrived, gave me back the Redhawk, and I was on my way. Next morning I went to the neighbor's house, introduced myself, and she gave me a cup of coffee. Now she feels safer when she sees me walking the cur. That will not get me any views on youtube, but it sure makes me more of a man than the idiot in that video you posted, and it got us one more friend, rather than many enemies.
Good for you, although i have spoken to about 50 residents of my city, who now have more knowledge and respect for the 2nd Amendment, all due to the conversation starting from an empty holster. And they did not have to call the police, THEY came up to me and asked. I refuse to push info on people, but the empty holster intrigues them, and they thirst for knowledge.:lol:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
You're right, they are forcing their lifestyle choices on us but they do so because they fear us. The proper response to that is not to get louder and more "in your face", but is to show these people that they have nothing to fear. Unless of course your goal is to be feared, in which case I hate to tell you buddy but you're in the minority and you will lose. Hate to burst your bubble.
No bubble to burst, residents notice it, do not fear it, but ask about it, which is the goal, as i will not force a conversation, let the come to me and start the converstion, WIN THE HEARTS AND MINDS!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I am actually a pretty big oc advocate. But with all things discression is often needed. When I was in NC I oced all the time. I don't like the idea of having to get a permit to excersize a constitutional right.

Did that mean I had a SASR slung across my back when I went out? No. I just very calmly oced my 1911. I did not go to oc lunches. And I made sure to be able to calmly and correctly explain to people why I carried. 99% of the time I had good experiences with curious people. On occasion I had bad experiences with LEOs. But as I was in the right and was able to remain calm I always walked away from the encounter.
WOW, Great post!!!!

And with that in mind, what would you do if you could only OC a long gun for protection period, no handgun OC??

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
You evidently missed the posts about common courtesy. Also, if they can afford an AR then they can afford a handgun.
But they can not LEGALLY OC a handgun, most of them own them also, just risk arrest to OC it

·
53,706 Posts
... what would you do if you could only OC a long gun for protection period, no handgun OC??
You're gonna have to show me where that is a law in the US, and enforced.

Ya see? Due to your, and others like you, efforts. ALL OC, including long guns (exept for hunting, fishing, on one's own property, camping in primitive areas, etc., etc.) is banned in California. We were flying beneath the grabber's radar until some idealogues rubbed their nose's in that fact.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
And... when buffoons ignore public opinion and continue on with their crusade which causes further carry restrictions... congrats, you are CARRYING THE ENEMY'S WATER!
A right unexercised is a right lost

Also let me quote Mr Franklin "those that would give up liberty to achieve temporary safety, deserve neither and stand to loose both!

·
53,706 Posts
A right unexercised is a right lost

Also let me quote Mr Franklin "those that would give up liberty to achieve temporary safety, deserve neither and stand to loose both!
Ya just don't get it, do ya? YOU are the cause of lost OC rights.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts