National Gun Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been in search for an inside the waistband holster, preferably for appendix carry or 3oclock.
I also want a spare mag holder but not separate. Found Kusiak holsters and they have something that could work for me. I received the Glock 43 pistol and It needs a holster.
I have been reading around and it boils down to these holsters. I spoke to the guys over there and they are pressing and molding the holsters. they have a piece of leather to reinforce the opening which is good for holstering and it is a clip holster which is also what I wanted. they do have a return policy so that is always good for just in case, but with the reviews they have I think I will be fine. I really am looking forward to knowing what thoughts are out there for Kusiak holsters, if by chance anyone who reads this don't know check them out www.kusiakleather.com . :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Have an FBI buddy who used one for off duty carry for a couple months. He had problems with the belt clip after a few months and decided to go with another brand. He offered to give me the holster, but I didn't have a gun that would fit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well that is something, belt clip issue, maybe they used a different clip back then. Ask them to switch to a newer clip. Mine is just fine.

I received my Kusiak holster yesterday. I did read reviews from them and they were excellent customer service and their workmanship being impeccable. And this holster is Impressive. I email them and they said they are making changes to their holsters that they are molding their holsters and the shipping on some holster are taking longer than what they are used to.

I got to say the holster is thin yet it has two pieces of leather on the opening, it is sturdy. I can re holster my Glock easy in and out the clip does not move it is holding tight to my belt, now I've only had it for two days but I have been reholstering and just getting comfortable with it. I been testing it so far is comfortable while I get in and out of my car, walking around cant seem to be bothered by something in my waist, conceals good too no one cant seem to notice.

MY FAVORITE PART, The Extra magazine pouch is attached to the holster and I got to say I love this feature. An extra magazine can come in handy and I like that is attached to the pistol, I never liked the idea of having to carry it in my pocket or have another clip in. I like things in one place. Also the shape of the holster with the magazine pouch attached is a little bit bend it is not completely straight, this gives it a curve to take the shape of the body if you will. I didn't think it would be uncomfortable and it is not.
I am happy with the order and I wanted to send a nice review also such a nice experience !

I got to say so far I am impressed with my new Kusiak holster, overall quality, very comfortable and customer service and speediness of receiving the holster even though they are backed up I got it within a few days of ordering just 3 DAYS, I got lucky I guess.
Check out their stuff at www.kusiakleather.com
my glock 43 holster.JPG

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
When I carry IWB (almost always) I put the holster on and remove it with the gun in place so there is no issue of compression. I have an AlienGear Hybrid that I also like very much but don't use it too much anymore. It is very comfortable put more trouble to wear.

My favorite holster is my own making using Kydex as it is thin and takes the least amount of space, uses a single clip and has great retention. If i were going to buy one it would probably be from here -- these are awesome but not the cheapest.

www.insanekydexcreations.com | Custom Quality Made

·
Registered
6,384 Posts
Just for discussion.
The extra mag on the holster. I look for a holster that fits great, minimal. One that sits where I place it extremely well. With something added, I wonder how well the holster will place on me? I'm thinking an extra mag?.... Put it someplace else on the belt. Keep it minimal. ????
On the belt clip. I have already seen where the clip is not filled by the belt. Personally, I'm thinking about filling in the clip with leather. Bear in mind I'm using the holster on a belt under the outerwear. Not clipping on a belt outside the pants. So naturally I would have room inside the clip.
These do look interesting. Will keep them in mind. I have a couple holsters I'm put much thought into purchasing. Will only pass up on them if they don't work. I have no intention of returning any holster unless defective. These are small companies. Working hard. I'm not going to take advantage of them. I run across too many people who think others are supposed to be running a ministry for them.
These do look interesting. Definitely a consideration. I do hope to end up with something that is outstanding for me personally. I have experience to work through. I may have already found it? I'll keep these in mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts