National Gun Forum banner

Concealed Carry Holsters and Handbags for women

4K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  Steve444 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I am new here, and tbh new to guns. I wanted to share an article though for concealed carrying options mainly for women like myself. This is a really important article for women because it offers suggestions and products to conceal their weapon, and also how to protect themselves from potential attacks. This is the link: Fashion and Personal Defense Gun Concealer Handbags and Accessories

I do not own, design or work for the concealing handbag company. I just want people to be aware of them.

Thank you so much.

#2 ·
I very much disagree with purse carry. First thing a would be robber goes for is your purse. Now he has your gun. I have had many women answer "I cross carry my purse so it can't get snatched". Try an experiment. Carry your purse across your chest on the opposite side as the shoulder strap and have someone, even a very weak person, pull on the purse. They control your whole body, most likely you will fall and they still have your gun.

Personally, I like Appendix Carry for women.

#7 ·
Well if you are portly like I am appendix carry is impossible I use shoulder rig. Plus I don't have issues going to the bathroom, you men forget we have to drop our drawers each time we use the head

#5 ·
If you're serious about carrying you will spend a lot of time and money trying to find something that works for you. What you see and hear might make sense and sound great but as you try different things you will find the flaws and what works best for you. Besides carrying concealed you need to spend time and money practicing. You may even go through several evolutions of guns. If you're not dedicated and are not enjoying yourself this may be just a passing fad. So proceed cautiously.

#8 ·
#9 ·
After 15 years of given CC courses, I have found most women prefer purse carry. It is better to have the weapon on your person. But if purse carry is what you want a STRONG STRAP type worn over the shoulder across the chest. Then with a empty gun dry fire practice drawing. Once you get that down Get some range time. The bad guys will not give you time to make a defense. It will be up close and personal. Always be aware of your soundings. Good Luck.

#15 ·
I have tried several CCW purses and still have not found one that I am happy with. I decided to try a Lace Belly Band Holster and Love it, I wear it all the time, when I first got it about 7 or 8 months ago. I wore it to the range and practiced with it. I have no problem reaching under my shirt, jacket or whatever to get my LCP out of it. It looks good too. I bought my on Amazon from a store called daltechforce. Love it so much.

#11 ·
Welcome to the NGF, from the swamp north of The Swamp.

Find what caliber you are comfortable with. See if you can

find a large range which rents guns. 9mm is very effective,

and acceptable to many women, in terms of recoil,

32 caliber is also very popular,

There are 9mm caliber pistols. You can have the convenience of

9mm, and the dependability of a wheel gun.

The Ruger LCR is a good example.

#12 ·
My wife purse carries when going to and from work. She wears scrubs to work and the elastic or the tie for the pants will not support a cap gun let alone her 380. She has a bra holster ( Remember this is my wife no jokes about her three 38s. That's my job. ) But this is not practical for a work environment either. Same with a leg holster. She often has to move quickly and she does not feel comfortable trusting the leg rigs. When we are camping or hiking she uses a Hunter leather drop leg for the 357. Again not practical at work. When just out shopping or when she can wear blue jeans she uses an Alien Gear IWB. Won't work with scrubs.

I have had to pick her up after work a few times when her car was in the shop and when she comes out of the building she has her purse strap over her left shoulder. Her purse hangs on the right side and her right hand is inside her purse. I've seen her do this alot. I asked her what would happen if someone tried to grab her purse. She said I would have to buy her a new one. I said so you would let the snatcher just have your purse? She said no but the one he tries to grab will have holes in the bottom of it.

#13 ·
My wife is 4' 11" and 110 lbs. She has no option but to purse carry. We tried holsters, but on her they do not conceal well due to her petite size or are very uncomfortable against her artificial hip which is sore to the touch. So it is purse carry or nothing. I cannot recall reading or hearing about a purse snatcher who killed someone but I am sure it happens but around here where we never walk since there are no sidewalks, just farms and ranches, purse carry is just fine. In the car we have a gun in the center console and we are together most times so I am armed either carrying a pocket gun or IWB HK P30SK or 9mm 1911. When you are the size of a 12 year old, in your mid sixties and have artificial parts in you as well as other medical issues that prevent on body carry, a purse is a good alternative.

#14 ·
I am a woman and feel purse carry is better than nothing but just barely for all the reasons given above. I prefer Hawg Holsters which have a Ulti Clip which holds onto anything so even the waistband of a skirt and can be concealed with a jacket or over blouse. Many woman today wear slacks/pants so I say carry on or in the waist band and take a look at the Hawg Holsters. They are Kydex I believe and are very lightweight and the clip I mentioned holds it where you put it. We woman need to carry and need to be proficient in our mode of carry and our shooting skills!!! Hope this helps.

#16 ·
I also don't like the idea of wearing the gun in the purse. But there was a case in my practice when one 23 years old girl successfully fought off two bastards who tried to steal her purse, without any guns ))) Yes, her purse had a strong leather strap, and those guys were unarmed. But it is a trick that I don't recommend you to repeat anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.