National Gun Forum banner

201 - 215 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
14,107 Posts
It matters how someone posts the picture. try and save this one, you should be able to.

I directly upload a jpeg file from my computer. I think others are doing it differently.

·
Registered
14,107 Posts
Well maybe not, that's strange...

Lets try again.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
12,916 Posts
^^^ both of those images wanted to save a .jpg's for me. ^^^

·
Registered
14,107 Posts
^^^ both of those images wanted to save a .jpg's for me. ^^^
Well ok that's weird. After i posted i tried to save them and it only allowed the web image. maybe because i posted them?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I posted an image in the thread about the first gun you owned. It was a .jpg picture but now it has been converted to a web image. Is this the new normal?

·
Keep calm & return fire!
12,916 Posts
@Zhills I just went to your image and tried to save to and my Mac wanted to save it as a .jpg.
I am beginning to wonder if this is a browser setting issue, Are you guys using Google Chrome?

Chrome apparently converts images to the .webp format. There is an extension you can load on chrome that will save images as a .png. There are some other workarounds to save images as .jpg but they are a bit of a PITA.

Hopefully @admin will be able to offer some guidance.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
23,209 Posts
Firefox here

Edit: It only seems to be an issue with NGF, I tried other forums and it works as it should.

Edit 2: I went to the Colt Forum (step-brother of NGF) and it's only option was WEBP. It seems it is a software or settings issue with the forum software.

·
Super Moderator
11,573 Posts
Undoubtedly, it's forum settings. I tried to save the photos but it came up Webp and no jpg option.

EDIT: Almost forgot. It locked up my mouse system wide.

Using Firefox.

--Wag--

·
Registered
14,107 Posts
I don't think it's forum settings or browser settings because i can save some but only a small portion of them. It depends on who posts them but offhand i can't remember whose works and whose don't.

Reactions: Wag

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
I just saved that pic on my laptop; it saved as a webp, but when I went to open it and it asked me how I wanted, I clicked on Firefox and it came right up

But it won't let me reupload it here because of a bad file extension; could you change the extension simply to .jpg or .jpeg when saving it?

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Also I am unable to add videos to the gallery.

·
Administrator
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
I just saved that pic on my laptop; it saved as a webp, but when I went to open it and it asked me how I wanted, I clicked on Firefox and it came right up

But it won't let me reupload it here because of a bad file extension; could you change the extension simply to .jpg or .jpeg when saving it?
You may need to simply copy/paste it to the post where you want to use it.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Cricket, try to play any of the video's in the gallery and you will see the error. I reported this problem in #6 of this thread.

·
Administrator
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
Cricket, try to play any of the video's in the gallery and you will see the error. I reported this problem in #6 of this thread.
I am checking on this now.

- Cricket

201 - 215 of 215 Posts