National Gun Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Must have been a couple years ago, they were advertising a combo tool set where the circular saw could be mounted to the box and used as a little table saw. Anyone know what that kit is? I really need a little table saw for light duty stuff, and the rest of the kit would be handy too. My snowbird neighbor doesn't have any tools here, so he uses mine, which is fine, but I'm thinking we could split the cost of that combo kit. Not likely though, he's a real penny pincher. But anyway.....

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,782 Posts
Probably no help now but back in the 1950s/60s Sears and Roebuck sold a table that would convert a circular saw to a table saw. It worked pretty well.

·
"You talkin to me?"
4,279 Posts

Harbor freight 10" table saw $144.99

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
I believe you are thinking of the festool. Not sure how long ago it was, maybe 8-10 years ago they had this combo tool that was a table saw and that would come out and could be used as a skill saw. It also had some sort of track the tool ran on to make straight cuts in large sheets of wood. I believe they also had a router and some other tools that could also be used on the table or the track system. Not sure if they still make that set up or not as i think they are all individual type tools now. They are black and green tools and they were advertised heavily when that system was out. I don't think the stuff is all that cheap either.

·
Registered
13,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What I remember was just 2-3, maybe 4 years ago. I don't think it was Festool. It was something like $279, really low end stuff, but perfect for me. I was seriously looking at buying it, but passed for one reason or another. I forget what tools were in there, drill, circ saw, maybe sander, I don't know, What I do remember is being able to set up the table saw using the circ and the carry case,

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,374 Posts
Cause you want one :lol: It happens to me too Sam I have to admit it's kinda annoying when it does. You decide you want to buy something but no one has it anymore

·
Registered
13,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But isn't that just handy as hell? If they didn't sell, they were not marketed right.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts

What is it?

That looks similar to the kit i was thinking but the table was bigger on the kit i was thinking of and there was an aluminum track that came with it or maybe you could buy extra. The tools would sit in the track after it clamped to a board for straight cutting. Is that Festool? The colors look right but i can't read the name.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts