National Gun Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just received my American Rifleman with the Colt Python adorning the cover. A cursory glance of the article looks informative. Wiley Post did the evaluation of two (2) Pythons from Colt and he wrote the article. He says internal examination shows parts that appear larger/stronger than original Python parts, the tolerances are tight and the finishing of all parts is tool-mark free, and all parts are well polished and fit. Get or steal a copy of the American Rifleman ...... quick!

Also, a nice article on the CZ 457 American .22 bolt-action rifle.

·
Live Free
2,873 Posts
You thinking there is a new Python in your future? It sounds like some good improvements in trigger/action.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Guns and Ammo had an article on the new Python last month.

Reactions: Stevejet

·
Live Free
2,873 Posts
Back in the days of the original Python (about 1973),I was a young airman and did not have that sort of money to spend, even though the gun was really pretty. So I bought a S&W Model 28 and never looked back...great trouble free revolver for years until stolen in a break-in.

·
Banned
61 Posts
Just received my American Rifleman with the Colt Python adorning the cover. A cursory glance of the article looks informative. Wiley Post did the evaluation of two (2) Pythons from Colt and he wrote the article. He says internal examination shows parts that appear larger/stronger than original Python parts, the tolerances are tight and the finishing of all parts is tool-mark free, and all parts are well polished and fit. Get or steal a copy of the American Rifleman ...... quick!

Also, a nice article on the CZ 457 American .22 bolt-action rifle.
I have never seen the real value of a large, heavy handgun as a Python by Colt. They aren't very totable even in a hip holster. This is certainly no concealed carry gun. I don't even know how uncomfortable Dirty Harry's Smith & Wesson .44 magnum Model 29 would have been to carry in a body holster under a suit coat. What barrel length was Eastwood's set gun anyway? It doesn't look practical for body holster carry.

·
Banned
61 Posts
Got my Rifleman. Glad to see the Python back.
It's inexcusable that a gunmaker with Colt's reputation would let guns with such defects as loose side plates, low-quality mainspring and crappy crown work leave their plants. These revolvers are just too horribly expensive these days for this kind of shoddiness. Hopefully, consumers aren't being hit with shipping charges to return these things.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts