National Gun Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm new to this forum so be gentle...
I have a unaltered Colt DA 38, manufactured in 1893 (by the serial number) and the history of the weapon since it was issued. I know who it was issued to in WWII and I know it was issued in WWI.
Counter rotating cylinder with original locks... For the life of me I cannot find ANY for sale on the auction sites. What I'm getting at is I need to add it to my home insurance so I need a value for it. I have heard numbers from $300 to $2000 . Any help would be much appreciated. One grip is cracked but over all condition would be "Fine"
Thank you!

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,706 Posts
Pictures will assist greatly in determining a dollar value as, depending on condition, values can vary between $200 and $2000.

·
Super Moderator
5,600 Posts
Welcome to the National Gun Forum! Nice firearm and a good piece of history. I like it. Sorry, I'm not able to give you a price on the value of it.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,706 Posts
Nice example. Its nothing special but its a nice example.

A Colt New Model 1892 DA revolver in that condition should bring $500 - $900 at auction. A verified history of the revolver (which you seem to have a start on) can double the price at hammer fall.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I saw one similar to this but in worse condition in a cabelas gun library in Idaho for a thousand and some change, but I'm sure it was priced way too high just like everything else in there. I would think that you could get a grand for it as is if you had the right buyer, but the thing with guns like that is that you have to find a collector, which isn't always easy. An online auction would be your best bet IMO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts