National Gun Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to see if anyone can orient me in the right direction. I have two Colt 1911 with the "COLT *** USMC" marked on the slide. I am the first and original owner of both of the pistols which came directly from Colt. The cerakote pistol was purchased before Colt was told to remove "COLT *** USMC" from the slide. The second pistol has an ion bond finish with the same USMC slide. I plan on keeping both pistols since they are of sentimental value for me, but I would like to get them priced/appraised just in case I ever need to sell them.

For everyones SA, I purposely provided the ejection port side of the Colt 1911 w/ the Ion-bond finish.

Attachments

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
23,756 Posts
If in 98% condition, you may be able to sell them for $1500 - $1750 each. If they have sequential serial numbers, you might get $3750 - $4000 for the pair, if sold together as a set.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Mad Scientist, these M45s aren't just regular M45s. There were only a couple of Colt M45s that made it into the civilian market with the USMC slide. The rest of the pistols were sold to the Marine Corps which was decommissioned after a couple of years. The decommissioned weapons have a certificate of from Colt and have had the USMC marking on the slide crossed out. I have seen a couple decommissioned Colt M45 on gun broker starting around $4000. Colt then released the colt M45 with an ion bond finish because its predecessor (cerakote) wasn't holding up to rigorous operations. That being said..... Colt never made but a handful of M45s with an ion-bond finish that contained the USMC roll mark on the slide.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts