National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I gave in and purchased a brand new one of these today. Well, I left 25% down on it (had to come home and sweet talk the wife before I bring it home). :mrgreen:

From the Colt Site...

The AR-15A3 is an exceptional patrol rifle with tactical accuracy chosen by federal, state and local agencies. The 16.1" (40.9 cm) heavy barrel with 1 in 9" (229 mm) rifling twist allows flexibility in ammunition selection. The telescopic buttstock adjusts to four positions to enhance mobility and fit to a wider range of operators. In position the removable carrying handle provides an M16A4 target style sight adjustable for windage and elevation to 600 meters. Easily removable, the flat top upper receiver allows for easy mounting of optical, night vision and other tactical sighting systems. The tactical carbine is the answer to all the requirements of modern law enforcement.

- Unique direct gas operating system eliminates the conventional operating rod and results in fewer and ligher components
- Accommodates the full range of 5.56mm ammunition, including the NATO M855/SS109 and U.S. M193, utilizing a rifling twist of 1 turn in 9" (229mm)
- Straight-line construction disperses recoil straight back to the shoulder, increasing handling capabilities, especially during repeated fire
- 4-position sliding buttstock allows the weapon to adapt to users of different sizes and physical characteristics as well as various firing positions and clothing variations
- Cartridge case deflector allows easy operation in both right and left handed shooting positions for increased tactical applications
- Muzzle compensator further reduces muzzle climb and helps eliminate flash and dust signatures
- Ejection port cover protects the chamber from dust and mud
- Field strips easily without special tools for simple field user maintenance
- Flat top receiver allows for removable carrying handle and easy mounting of accessories
- Front barrel lug allows for easy mounting of a variety of accessories
- Two 20 round magazines, cleaning kit and slng are standard. 30-round magazines are optional
- Target style rear sight features dual apertures (0-200m, 300-600m) and adjusts for both windage and elevation
- High strength materials add durability to the forearm, buttstock and pistol grip for greater comfort and effectiveness

CALIBER 5.56mm (.223 Rem)
METHOD OF OPERATION Gas; Direct system; Locking bolt
MAGAZINE CAPACITY 2 - 20 round (30 rd mag optional)
WEIGHT W/O MAGAZINE 7.0 lb (3.2 kg)
LENGTH (stock retracted) 32 in (81 cm)
LENGTH (stock extended) 35 in (89 cm)
BARREL LENGTH 16.1 in (41 cm) HEAVY barrel
SIGHT RADIUS 14.5 in (37 cm)
EFFECTIVE RANGE 600 m
FRONT SIGHT Adjustable front
REAR SIGHT Target sight adjustable for windage and elevation
HANDGUARDS Standard carbine with heat shield

I have promised myself that this is my last gun purchase for a LONG time. :mrgreen:

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
:-B-: :-B-: :-B-: :-B-: :-B-:

Cheers to you Glock & Load,

That looks like a fine weapon and I am sure you will be happy with the purchase. Will you be modifying or adding anything to it in the near future? Remember that 'a long time' is a matter of perspective...15 minutes seems like a long time when your standing in a blizzard. You still need that 6" Barrel revolver, a Colt or SA 1911 and maybe we need to start talking sniper rifles as well...Remington Model 700 LTR perhaps? Hopefully your wife is a patient and understanding woman...or you can always blame us 'forum friends'...or even foreign friends....that's it...claim peer pressure and promise to seek counseling...someday. ;)

Let us know when you get to bring it home.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bud. Yes, I will get a 1911 and a revolver eventually. As far as mods go, probably not anything anytime soon except a larger capacity magazine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congratulations that's a nice AR. I'm on my way today to pick up my latest addiction to my Black Rifle collection as well. :-B-:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts