National Gun Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking through Smith's online site, there is not one DA/SA (exposed cockable hammer) gun offered by S&W that remotely competes with the Cobra in price, materials, features, finish, comfy rubber finger-notched Hogue grip, 6-shot capacity, compact size, low-profile/hi-viz sights, lightweight and good looks. New Smith DA/SA all-steel revolvers that can fire .38 Spc. are variously:

-too expensive
-too large/clunky, must buy a K frame or larger
-too heavy
-require one to purchase a .357 Mag. model
-have a high snagging front sight
-don't seem to be available in a small/J frame model

The Cobra is the "chopped Govt. Model 45", the "Thompson Auto-Ordnance .45 ACP ZG-51 Pit Bull" of Thirty-Eight Specials, if you will! The concealable defense revolver with a big gun feel. I just hope it is as mechanically reliable as Smiths.The factory defect reviews connected with the new Python are troubling to me. I like the ability to cock the gun and fire SA.

Here's my question: can even a new Colt Cobra .38 Special + P be beat? To me, after considering its price along with its virtues it seems tough to surpass if one wants something shiny and spanking new.

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and; who cares?
Anybody interested in a new revolver for concealed carry might care? Why the hostility, pray tell me?

·
Jesus Saves
7,849 Posts
Anybody interested in a new revolver for concealed carry might care? Why the hostility, pray tell me?
Hostility? Pray tell me where the hostility is - how is it even preceived hostility?

BTW, your post is just an opinion; nothing more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts