National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,635 Posts
I started collecting hinged frame Harrington & Richardson handguns a "bunch" of years back, because they were inexpensive, there were lots of them at gunshows and there was a considerable variety. Well, that hobby turned into an obsession, the prices for the pieces I "really" needed to fill niches in my collection rose, and my collection grew and grew, beyond handguns to shotguns and rifles. Today I have a few hundred H&Rs covering examples of just about all the handguns, the basic shotguns and some special production pieces and a couple rifles, all produced from the 1870's up to the 1990's when Marlin purchased what was left of H&R 1871 and NEF. Back in February, I found myself with quite a bit of time on my hands and the proud owner of a new 10 megapixel digital camera. The result of all this is nearly 2000 pictures. This photo research has helped a well known gun author (Bill Goforth of Iver Johnson book fame) in his efforts to produce the FIRST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK, dealing exclusively with H&R firearms and developmental history. This book will fill in a lot of the gaps and rectify incorrect information found in the major guides available today. It should be available sometime in early Spring of 2008. Many of the photos that I have been posting on this forum are part of that research and you folks are among the first to see them. This is an example of a hobby growing into something much larger, you never know where something can lead. :-B-:
Here's a couple older pieces. Note that the American Double Action is s/n 14 and probably produced on first or second day of production of this model in 1883. ADAs were modified numerous times until production ended in 1942. Some history there.

· Registered
1,635 Posts
Gabby,
Love the pics of those old rifles, they're great! :i:
Can't wait to see some of your old Colts. I so damn burned out looking at H&Rs for the past 6 months, I'd love to see something else.

Here's several of my favorite H&R rifles:

· Registered
1,635 Posts
Damn Gabby,
Awesome set of Colts! I just plain love those old Colts. Someday, when the research is done and the book is published, I'm going to start selling off the H&R's and get me some nice old Colts. Yep, that's what I'm going to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.