National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
263 Posts
Here's a picture of my old Mossberg Model L (1929-1933).

And here's a picture of the rifle I had made up for my daughter when she was 6 years old. A 1917 Stevens Favorite with half round / half octogon barrel cut to 18 inches and a semi-fancy Fagen stock.

This next week I'll take some pictues and post them of my old Colt revolvers.

· Registered
263 Posts
Here are a few pictures of my Colts"

These are all Police Positive Revolvers.
Top Left: .32-20 (1925), Bottom Left: .38 Colt (1919), Top Right: .32-20 (1928), Bottom Right: .32 Colt New Police (1907)

These are also all Police Positive Revolvers.
Top Left: .32 Police (1934), Bottom Left: .38 (1919), Top Right: .38 Special (1933), Bottom Right: .32 (1913)

Top Left: .22 LR Officer's Model Revolver, Bottom Left: Police Positive .22 LR (1923), Top Right: .45 Long Colt New Service, Bottom Right: Police Positive .22 WRF (1923)

Colt Autos. Clockwise from top: Stainless Gold Cup .45 ACP, Stainless Officer's Model .45 ACP, 1903 Pocket Pistol .32 ACP (engraved), Vest Pocket Pistol .25 ACP, Government Model .380

A sample of the engraving on the .32 Pocket Pistol

· Registered
263 Posts
SheNine said:
Gabby ~ You've got to show them those awesome flintlocks!
Ok SheNine. I'll do it in two posts as they will be picture heavy.

Here are the custom dueling pistols that Tim Brown made for me. They are .45 calibre and have half round / half octogon barrels. The barrels are encircled with three bands of gold and are hand engraved. The locks are also engraved. The butt caps were hand made and hand engraved. The trigger guards are engraved in a daisy pattern. The stocks include silver wire inlay and are hand carved. The fitted box includes a carved crest and a banner which is carved with five portions. The outter most postions state "Honor" and "Virtuus" which are the names of these pistols. The three inner portions state "Deo", "Veritas", and "Praevalet" (with God truth prevails - since dueling was considered to be a form of trial by ordeal). The box also includes a full set of tools complete with elk horn powder and priming flasks.

· Registered
263 Posts
And here are some pics of the rifle I had made in memory of my friend who passed away. This rifle was also custom made by Tim Brown. It is a 1790ish Lancaster rifle with a 42 inch swamped Colerain barrel. The barrel is engraved in memory of my friend and "Vita Brevis ~ Amicus Perpetuus" (life is short ~ a friend is forever). The barrel is also encircled with 7 bands of gold and the back of the front sight is also lined with gold. The lock is a tuned Siler and is hand engraved. There are 9 coin silver engraved inlays and the patch box is made in a daisy pattern (as is the trigger guard) and engraved with my name. All engraving and carving was done by hand and no power tools were used in building this rifle.

And here's a picture of a couple more flintlocks:

From the left: .45 calibre matched dueling pistols (custom built by Tim Brown); .45 calibre Hawken (T/C); .50 calibre Hawken (T/C); .54 calibre Great Plains Rifle (Lyman); .45 calibre long rifle (Hatfield); .40 calibre Lancaster (custom built by Tim Brown); .45 calibre Fredrick Sell rifle (custom built by Keith Lisle); .36 calibre squirrel rifle (J.P. Mcoy)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.