National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@coal cracker your PM was full wouldn't let me send anymore till you deleted some..

I found someone said it's not dovetail it does fit standard rings which I'm not sure what that is do you know if these would fit? I ended up getting the aftermarket mount because it said the stock didnt fit a lot of scopes and if I'm going to loc tite it together wanted to make sure it was done properly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001HN5H7K?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image&th=1&psc=1

·
Aim true !
10,347 Posts
Leupold Rifleman Detachable
Style Name:1" - .22 RF 3/8-inch Detachable See-Thru Rings 3/8 inch is for the dovetail mounts. Most 22's have that. For the rail you ordered you need 1'' bottom opening rings. Look in the box your 10/22 came in. The propper rail should be there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it definitely looks like itll fit looking at it now I just ordered the other one because people online said the factory one doesnt mount a lot of scopes so I was just trying to make some practical upgrades I also got the automatic bolt release.

·
Aim true !
10,347 Posts
I have no clue what the automatic bolt release is. But the factory mount is fine.

·
Aim true !
10,347 Posts
Hmm waste of money IMO. My bolt releases fine.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure it had a bunch of good reviews and someone said not having it was annoying idk I'm new I hate being new at something I bought $30 case and $16 strap from amazon along with a nice scope anything youd personally recommend upgrading? I was trying to get some shots fired off in it before I go upgrading everything just to know how it feels normally before and after

·
Aim true !
10,347 Posts
Mine is bone stock. I did put a Ruger 10/22 sling on it. And a scope. No internal upgrades. I also ordered 3 more mags and got a trimag coupler.
https://www.gooutdoorgear.com/allen-ruger-10-22-rifle-sling-w-swivels-27838/026509278382/
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alangator-TM1-TRIMAG-Ruger-10-22-Clip-Connector-NEW-FAST-SHIP/231777672156?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
https://www.gooutdoorgear.com/ruger-bx-1-10-22-rotary-magazine-10-round-22-lr-mag-value-3-pack-90451/736676904518/ They have the best deal i found on the mag tripple pack. Shipping is included on all their items.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That trimag is pretty cool apparently the banana clips spring wears out real fast was reading the 10 round clips were the most reliable and I think those would be even better anyhow

·
Aim true !
10,347 Posts
Yes that is why i decided not to get a 25 round mag, Plus if your shooting off the bench. The long mag could be a nuisance.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ohhh so this is how that goes 🙃 so just to be absolutely 100% clear so I don't screw it anything up this is what you're wanting me to loc tite together correct? And before I rip all the plastic off the pack is there anyway to know that this scope will fit what I have here?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000MM47IW?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Wondering if 2.5x is to short? Maybe not since I ordered the fn 15 dmr ii? One for short one for long? Idk I'm all ears to your thoughts or anybody at that.

Attachments

·
Live Free
2,895 Posts
Trying to get my head around what you are trying to do...

It appears you want see through rings so you can use scope and/or sights on your 10/22? The tall rings are going to set your scope up high so as to render it more difficult to use because you will not have a good cheek meld with your stock to reference the same position every time you use the scope. 2.5 magnification is relatively small, so you might have been better off with low rings for better effectiveness with the scope and use a 2-7x variable. All that is water over the bridge now though, Your rings look to be 1” so they should be compatible with the little Leupold you bought. If it were me I would use purple thread locker for the mount screws so they do not vibrate loose, then mount your rings and torque according to specs (likely about 18 inch pounds for mount and scope ring screws. Retorque after you have fired a few rounds and should be just dandy on your .22. Installing scope mounts and rings, only use a purple thread locker (light weight) because you are only preventing vibratory loosening of those screws. I recommend torquing them properly (a F.A.T. wrench is great tool for small torque values) because hand tightening can lead to loose mounts or stripped screws because your wrist is not calibrated. :wink:

Lastly, if I have butted in and am way off course for you, feel free to ignore my advice! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the advice I am absolutely 100% new to all of this stuff I did not own guns or shoot them but I do now and just having a tough time trying to figure what goes where with what I hate wasting money I just have no idea what I doing here tbh

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I haven't opened the scope yet but the rins I can still return no problem that's what I'm trying to figure before it's to late

·
Aim true !
10,347 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I am returning my original scope and placed an order for a cheaper one not the Simmons but something similar and do scopes normally come with rings? I only bought them because it was recommended by Amazon again I'm just winging it really appreciate the help else I'd be in the dark with all this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B078XGPY85?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

How's that?

·
Aim true !
10,347 Posts
Some scopes come with rings. And some do not. Walmart does have higher end scopes too. Ours has them in a display case. Maybe you might want to stop by your local Walmart and look at them in person. Or if you have a cabelas dunham's, Academy sports or even a Dicks nearby.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My local walmart sucks and has no guns I dont like supporting those guys if I can avoid it anyhow but I do have a dunhams in town dont really go their not sure what they got maybe I should go and see we do have a dicks 30 mins from here but I can just go to fin feather fur if I'm going up there

·
Aim true !
10,347 Posts
I see fin feather fur has some Leupold scopes on sale with free rings. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts