National Gun Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Aim true !
10,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor couldn't find any Breakfree CLP. Or any other cleaner/lubes at walmart. So i told him about using synthetic motor oil for an oil. And i explained what Ed's red is. And i gave him a baby food jar of it to try. I never thought this latest panic buy situation would effect cleaners and lubes.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
11,914 Posts
It really is amazing what there is becoming shortages of. Things you would never even consider or expect.

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Aim true !
10,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes agreed. I been reading where this latest shortage for gun related stuff. Is the worst one in a long time.

·
Premium Member
5,933 Posts
Lumber prices are threw the roof. I was paying $3.15 for a 8’stud in March and now they are $6.45. 1/2”, plywood was $17.56 and is now $34.65. The house I’m building should have been $25K For framing lumber give or take a grand. The bill came last week, $43K! Some roofing and siding is unavailable. Deck lumber and composite decking, pressure treated lumber is almost impossible to get.

·
Aim true !
10,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ouch i hope you don't come up negative in profits for the house.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I know the prices are going up, and we just received word that PVC pipe and fittings are going to go up as well.

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
Lumber prices are threw the roof. I was paying $3.15 for a 8’stud in March and now they are $6.45. 1/2”, plywood was $17.56 and is now $34.65. The house I’m building should have been $25K For framing lumber give or take a grand. The bill came last week, $43K! Some roofing and siding is unavailable. Deck lumber and composite decking, pressure treated lumber is almost impossible to get.
I've been hearing the same thing around here especially when it comes to pressure treated decking material.

Got plenty of gun cleaning stuff but at this rate i better stock up on a few things when i go shopping this weekend. Maybe several cans of coffee and pepperoncini's. I would really hate to get a felony rap over things like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts