National Gun Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an FNS 9 and I like it but it jams a lot. I will load two different clips with two different brands of ammo one Winchester 9mm Luger and the other PMC bronze 9mm Luger both clips loaded to 17 rounds full. The Winchester chambers the first round no problem but the pmc will not. Would it be the pressure or the spring on the clip? It’s a new gun and magazines.any thoughts? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,703 Posts
These new magazines? First I would load each magazine with the same rounds. This way you'll know if its the magazine or the cartridge.

Reactions: Fitasc Shooter

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I loaded three magazines in total 2 with PMC and 1 with Winchester. the 2 PMC ones did not chamber they both did not let me pull slide fully back either. The Winchester one cycled perfectly. Even switched around mags with the ammo. I have them labeled 1 2 3 and keep one fully loaded at all times. I tried the PMC out of the 1st mag(which is always loaded) and still same jam up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You will see some posts saying that not all guns will take all ammo. I may be one of those guys. There may be a difference on the curve of the Winchester bullet that the gun will allow it to load. You may want to polish the loading ramp on the gun and lube the magazines if you really really want to shoot the PMC ammo. On the other hand it appears that your answer is right there.....use the Winchester stuff.

·
Aim true !
10,262 Posts
I cant run flat point cast in my Canik. Because of the bullet profile without seating it back past safe specs. Round nose it's fine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there anything I can do to the PMC to be able to safely fire it? Or just call it quits with that type cause that’s what is was gunna do.

·
Aim true !
10,262 Posts
I wouldn't mess with the PMC. You can't seat it back safely with a seating die, Because you do not know the load recipe they used. Hang onto it for a wheel gun like your thinking. Or for another semi-auto.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Sounds like WWB is the way to go, for that FN.
I'll say this, I've got 70+ year old mag springs, from a FN Hi-Power, which still cycle great, and FN is pretty good about Q/C, in general, so more than likely it's not the mag springs.

Maybe just a new thing to me, but all my PMC ammo to now, has been 223/556. Wasn't aware they made pistol ammo. Is this a recent development?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds like WWB is the way to go, for that FN.
I'll say this, I've got 70+ year old mag springs, from a FN Hi-Power, which still cycle great, and FN is pretty good about Q/C, in general, so more than likely it's not the mag springs.

Maybe just a new thing to me, but all my PMC ammo to now, has been 223/556. Wasn't aware they made pistol ammo. Is this a recent development?
I actually do not know if it is new or not. I hear great things about PMC ammo but I personally haven’t had the best results.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts