National Gun Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to the local flea market this morning, and I found this old girl. I couldn't pass it up, so I gave him $70 for it. I took it apart, cleaned it up, and rubbed it down with oil. It came out nice, I'm going to display it up at our club. I've never heard of Chamberlin before, my buddy said they sold out to Remington.

Clay Thrower (2).jpg Clay Thrower2 (2).jpg CLay Thrower 4.jpg Clay Thrower 3.jpg

·
Registered
7,947 Posts
That ole boy begs to be mounted on a heavy wooden cable spool. I never heard of them before either. Great find.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I did Coal. Me and My youngest have been going there lately. It's always busy, especially Sunday's.
Although some of the stuff I see there, the junk man wouldn't even take, for free.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd secure it and use it for nostalgia shoots with old shotguns for the appropriate era.
Now that's a pretty good idea. We just might have to do that. Thanks Fitasc

Reactions: Fitasc Shooter

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,293 Posts
My dad used to have one of those with a cast iron base but it didn't look that old. Nice find :thumbsup:

Edit similar to this one

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice.That one pictured is 1950's or so.

·
Registered
10,064 Posts
I agree, bolt it to the wire wheel and use that thing!

·
Aim true !
9,704 Posts
Cool i used to sell at Jakes back in the early 90's. Been a long time since i been there. Yes some vendors have plain junk.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,293 Posts
Nice.That one pictured is 1950's or so.
Probably, I was a little kid 6 or 7 and dad used to bring us all us all to a friend of his who had a large enough piece of land, he probably had that thing before he had me and i'm 62

Reactions: D Nickerson

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool i used to sell at Jakes back in the early 90's. Been a long time since i been there. Yes some vendors have plain junk.[/QUOTE

I've sold a few times there too. It's nice to walk around there you always see someone you haven't seen in a while and chew the fat.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Probably, I was a little kid 6 or 7 and dad used to bring us all us all to a friend of his who had a large enough piece of land, he probably had that thing before he had me and i'm
:yesnod1: SURE YA ARE.........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts