National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Last Stand on Earth
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my 1911 friends. Found this little gem at a farm supply store. Citadel Madagascar 1911, laser etched and cerakoted. 10rds of 9mm. 70 series trigger so it’s pretty clean like the 45 I have. We did some digging, found that Armscor is manufacturing it. I’ll be honest, Citadel is not a company I follow but if it’s just a rebranded RIA, I’m on board. Store is holding one for each of us.

If there’s anything I need to know about this 1911 before we commit to it in the morning, let me know.

P.S. it is pretty in person. The edges of the grip are sharp though.

·
Registered
14,558 Posts
Pretty gun but i really don't know anything about that company that could help you but that is a very nice looking gun. Not a big fan of non .45 1911's though. My buddy has about a dozen 1911 pistols, most are .45 but he has at least one 9mm and a 10mm and possibly something else. Maybe I'm old school or stubborn but a 1911 should be a .45 lol. when you say the grips are sharp do you mean as in cool or actually sharp edges to the touch? I'm not a huge fan of really radical texturing on grips, i like some to get a grip but i find some guns with real sharp textures will hurt your hand in short order.

·
Aim true !
11,657 Posts
Armscor makes the Citadel 1911's. Some of my 1911's came with the VZ grips and were sharp to the touch. I didn't like them for shooting. That is a nice looking 1911. I have 2 9mms by Armscor under the RIA brand. Great shooters.

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Live Free
3,373 Posts
Armscor stands behind their products, and so does Legacy who distributes the Citadel 1911’s. Seems they have had some issues (read reviews) but customer service was excellent as with RIA. I am not big on 9mm 1911’s either, but it looks like a nice pistol. Grips can be changed to fix rough edges.

·
Last Stand on Earth
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Pretty gun but i really don't know anything about that company that could help you but that is a very nice looking gun. Not a big fan of non .45 1911's though. My buddy has about a dozen 1911 pistols, most are .45 but he has at least one 9mm and a 10mm and possibly something else. Maybe I'm old school or stubborn but a 1911 should be a .45 lol. when you say the grips are sharp do you mean as in cool or actually sharp edges to the touch? I'm not a huge fan of really radical texturing on grips, i like some to get a grip but i find some guns with real sharp textures will hurt your hand in short order.
It’s the corner in the back of the grip that’s sharp. I was just looking for some variety. I have 2x .45 1911’s already. Comes with a second pair of grips that are basically the same with a different shade of stain and 2 mags. Here are the actual pics, it’s difficult to see the design in the pics due to the lighting.

·
Premium Member
7,178 Posts
nice looking gun. I still want one with the 2 3/4” barrel.

·
Aim true !
11,657 Posts
Probably the Kimber Micro.

·
Aim true !
11,657 Posts
You have the RIA BBR if i recall correctly.

·
Last Stand on Earth
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I still want one of these just to have it. RIA Baby Rock 380. It’s got a 3.78” barrel. It feels a surprisingly good in the hand for a little gun.

·
Aim true !
11,657 Posts
I have a baby rock. Mine had a 9lb trigger pull. I asked them about it. They told me liability reasons. Im guessing someone got injured with a N.D and sued. But i got it down to 4.5 lbs. By tweaking the leaf spring. There is videos on youtube on how to do it. It's the center leaf if i recall right. Doing it helped with accuracy a lot.

·
Aim true !
11,657 Posts
I agree. I like the 1911's at 4.5. I have all mine set around there. My one 45 though is easy to double tap rounds off. I won't let anyone shoot it.

·
Last Stand on Earth
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Good news is, it shoot really well. Sights were dead on. Easier to rack than the 45 I have. I looked for rub marks in the cerakote on the slide after shooting and didn’t see any. It’s worth $600. I’d put it on par with his RIA FS Ultra. I think the $800 and $900 pricing I’ve seen is a bit high. Front sight is black, fine for daylight but would be difficult to see in low light. Neither of us are particularly fond of the mags.
Daylight pic

Worth mentioning, everything we ran through it were hand loads. Not particularly hot but not weak either. The brass fell 2 feet from the shooter. Only malfunction we had was a failure to hold open on empty mag. That was probably the ammo.

It does have an adjustable trigger, I think the factory setting was fine. Only thing I’d do if anything is upgraded the sights to high viz. I prefer an adjustable rear sight but the Novak rear sight proved accurate.

·
Aim true !
11,657 Posts
It looks great. I color my sights with nail polish. Orange in the front, And white on the back. The orange seams to stand out more if you use white as a base coat.

·
Last Stand on Earth
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So the one we tested above was my brother’s. Mine has been sitting in layaway for the last 6 weeks due to many unexpected (and expected) expenses lately. I’ll get to pay it off tomorrow, which will make it maybe Friday or Saturday of next week the earliest I’d get to bring it home. I am anxious to see if it performs as well as the first one we tested. Fingers crossed.

·
Last Stand on Earth
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Well, I got mine home. It’s cold and windy so we only ran 27rds of Blazer through it. I had one failure to eject. Nic was with me so he ran a mag and a half but he got 4 failures to eject. However, I just pulled it straight from the box and took it out back, no oil or cleaning. Can’t blame the gun for that. When the weather breaks, I’ll do a full review. It’s not exactly stainless or brass but I thought it was neat enough looking to add to the case. My son loves the way it looks and feels. While I am not a fan of the parkerized frame, I have to admit it’s a neat little gun.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts