National Gun Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone every own one of these? I get that it’s a movie prop reproduction but it looks pretty neat.

·
Registered
19,306 Posts
They are heavy. A Colt SAA in .357 Magnum with just a 7 1/2 inch barrel is noticeably heavy. They shoot well, usually, but you'll need stout suspenders if you carry either around in a belt & holster rig.

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
nope.....never shot one...

·
Aim true !
11,361 Posts
I like it too. Would be a nice addition to your collection. I like the 10mm they offer too.

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
I like it too. Would be a nice addition to your collection. I like the 10mm they offer too.
on such a long barrel specialized gun.....i would want the adj sights as well to make the most of it......be purty aggravating to have that long, long sight radius along with the weight and specialized carry......and the poa/poi be off a tad.....

a man size target at 50 or 100 yards is one thing.....a dollar store paper plate is another.......i'm too poor to be shooting them larger chinet fancy large plates....the wife would shoot at me instead.....:sneaky:

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It the one I was looking at that I almost got in 44 mag instead of the 10.5” Ruger. I could have bought both the 10mm and the 44 mag for a little more than I paid for the Ruger.

Only thing I didn’t like about the Bad Boy is the retractable firing fin in the hammer. I don’t know if they all had it but it was covered in a review I watched a while back. I have more faith in the transfer bar. Doesn’t mean I won’t buy one. Just means I didn’t choose it over the Ruger.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
on such a long barrel specialized gun.....i would want the adj sights as well to make the most of it......be purty aggravating to have that long, long sight radius along with the weight and specialized carry......and the poa/poi be off a tad.....
Some people don’t care for long barrels. I like them. The sights radius on the Bad Boy is shorter than my 500. You’re right about the weight. It’s heavy. I’m investigating a shoulder rig. Don’t know that I’ll find what I want. May have to pay a visit to a shop and have one made. If I have one made for the Ruger, it should work for the Wyatt Earp and the Bad Boy I would think. Probably depends on how it’s made.

My shortest revolver currently is 5.5”

·
Aim true !
11,361 Posts
Yeah when i bought my 16 inch Heritage. I opted for the one with adjustable sights. I think it was only 10.00 more for it.

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
GOT 25 MINUTES TO KILL?
the old tv series wyatt earp....the specific episode where he was introduced to the buntline.....
been watching these old shows....a heck of a lot better than what is on the tube nowadays.

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
the longest barrel handgun i own at the moment is my 8" model 1858 remington bp......
why they chose to standardize on the 8"....i have no idea but it seems the popular length.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
A few years back, can't remember if it was Uberti or Armi San Marco was making an SAA revolver copy with a 16 inch barrel. As I recall EMF was marketing them

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are you going to mount a scope on it?
No, I’m not on the scope bandwagon. I don’t hunt with them. Even if I did, it would be inside 60 yards. That’s the furthest I’d shoot a deer from with a revolver. I practice at 17, 25, 35, 50, 65 and 85 yards with handguns.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I have a couple of friends who hunt with the Super Blackhawk hunter models with 10 .5 barrels and they have scoped their revolvers which is why I asked. I've taken four deer with my .45 Colt Blackhawk with 7.5 barrel I've never scoped any of my revolvers either.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts