1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
"You talkin to me?"
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
"U.S. President Barack Obama ordered intelligence agencies to review cyber attacks and foreign intervention into the 2016 election and deliver a report before he leaves office on Jan. 20, the White House said on Friday."

There were widespread reports of foreign hacking during the 2008 and 2012 elections as well. But, the democrats won so no investigation was necessary. :lol:

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
I have concerns about the source
PATRIOT OR TRAITOR | John Owen Brennan
John Brennan Fast Facts - CNN.com
November 2005-January 2009 - President and CEO of The Analysis Corporation.
2008 - Intelligence adviser to then-Sen. Barack Obama during his presidential campaign.
January 20, 2009-present - Assistant to President Barack Obama for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism.
January 7, 2013 - Nominated by President Barack Obama to be director of the CIA.
https://consortiumnews.com/2013/02/09/john-brennans-tenet-like-testimony/
The Grilling that John Brennan Deserves | Common Dreams | Breaking News & Views for the Progressive Community

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Funny, the CIA doesn't have much to say about the current administration's involvement with

muslim states, and arab oil money.

Interesting, that they WERE so blind, yet, now that the Republicans have won the election,

suddenly they have Eagle vision.

·
Registered
18,327 Posts
The "media" is reporting that Trump is ignoring the courtesy viewings of the Presidential Daily Briefings (PDB) offered by the intelligence staff for transition purposes. Yet it is also reported Obama in 8 years seldom bothered reading the PDB (he ignored approximately half of those submitted for viewing). He then remarked at the time of ISIS rise that they just didn't appear on his "radar". No kidding. I suppose you'd have to read the PDB and listen at your briefings rather than golf and attend fund-raisers in order not to be blind sided in yer good eye to know what was going on.

It is said or inferred that Trump, at this point, is not concerned with the minutiae of the PDB's. There's nothing he can do about whatever is contained in them because HE ISN'T YET PRESIDENT! I believe the "transition exercise" will prepare Trump's intelligence and security admin's with whatever info they need to make a smooth transition in January.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
He's also like Mama after we told her we'd cleaned our rooms...he's gonna get down and look under the bed, so to speak...the rats are scatterin'...
Oh, yeah, there will be accountability, answerability, and responsibility. Consequences and repercussions. Heads will roll, and the marshmallows who have been sucking the system

dry, all these years, don't know how to adjust to being held to explain their incompetence. Because they have always gotten away with it, in the past.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It has a bunch of stuff about hacked emails, that has nothing to do with people making up their mind, and voting. Says nothing about actual voting machines, or ballots being hacked. They are reaching, like a drowning man clinging to a twig

·
Registered
18,327 Posts
"It has a bunch of stuff about hacked emails, that has nothing to do with people making up their mind, and voting."

Oh yeah. You see, I was one of the rudderless, confused, clueless but "highly valued and sought-after Undecided's" that the MSM talking heads made so much of Nothing about. But then, fortunately, a "hacking" occurred, and ZAMO! I was infused with overwhelming Clarity and recognized what Path I must follow, what Choice I must make.

Then, I awakened, and later that day went out and voted for Trump, like I had decided to, ever since Hillary declared her foul candidacy.

Hacked. Fake News. End of Days. Destruction of Safe Spaces. It really makes you wonder what color the sky is in the DEMOCRATS/Liberals world.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,775 Posts
I completely distrust the current administration. Therefore, I believe nothing this administration claims.

Russia intervened in election to help Trump = lie. Even if its true since the O-Hole's people said it, its a lie.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
IF it's true, then it was apparent that HRC was a pox, also, to them, and perhaps we

should PULL DOWN THEIR PANTS, AND KISS THEIR ASS, for intervening, on

our behalf...

·
Registered
85 Posts
I voted for Trump because of the 2nd Amendment plain & simple, and because Hillary was totally unpalatable to me. That said, I'm also a national security voter. Putin is a shrewd, savvy ex-KGB man who has played us like a fiddle the last many years, and we have naively let him while we wasted billions in dollars and manpower and vital resources in the rathole that's the Middle East. Meanwhile, Russia and China have saved their resources and built up their militaries. I don't know if these reports are credible or not, but it's very concerning if a hostile foreign power like Russia is trying to actively intervene in our elections, that pisses me off as an American. Ronald Reagan would be rolling over in his grave. What matters most is our national interest and what's best for America's national interest, and nothing more. I believe Mr. Trump wants the best for America, but I would not criticize the CIA publicly as president-elect, because it looks bad to our enemies in the Kremlin. That's just me. I don't think we can or should take Putin at anything, the Russians understand and respect one thing..strength, and they respond to it. We have to articulate our interests clearly and concisely, and let them know that. And pursue our own interests and let them know in so many words that they better not interfere with us or NATO. Putin is no Gorbachev, more like a Khruschev or Brezhnev.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
This is just a liberal attempt at fear-mongering. People have always feared the Communist Bloc and Russia.

They are just trying to play on our worries about foreign intervention by the Soviet, because they make a convenient

all-purpose boogey-man.

They played the Black card and the Woman card, WE played the Trump card, NOW they are

playing the Russians! and Fake News cards.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,504 Posts
The media (aka, liberal elite's minions) says Russia interfered with the election. The same media also reported that there was no evidence of tampering with the election results.

The left is simply trying (everything they can think of) to discredit Trump and make him look bad, so the people will be against him and a Democrat can take over in 2020. It's all BS.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
I am reading the news about Russia and the elections with some preoccupation. What is the main goal of Obuma's decision to force a full investigation and giving a deadline BEFORE he leaves office? The following scenarios come to mind:

Obuma, based on the report by the CIA, declares the election invalid and stays in power until a new one can be made

Obuma decides that The Witch actually won and make her president

Obuma uses this mess to become a president for life under the excuse that the country is not ready for a new election which he promises over and over that will be done soon (Just like his idol, Castro, did a Cuba)

The Witch claims the presidency and Obuma allows her to take over.

In all of this scenarios, I can see the prospect of a civil war looming. I hope that Obuma and his cronies do not step so low.

Please do not tell me that his can not happens in the US, In a dictatorship, anything can happens, and if Obuma acted according to the scenarios, HE will be a dictator.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Look I voted for Trump and am a libertarian conservative. The Russia question is very serious however. The very idea that a hostile foreign power could influence an election is extremely disturbing to me. Putin represents pretty much everything America should be against. They are a diabolical country and have invaded their neighbors and I bet theyhave designs upon the Baltics. I'd wager that Reagan would agree with me were he here. I support Senator McCain & Graham investigating this to make sure that there was no Russian involvement to influence the election. I cast my vote in good faith and expect that no foreign power was at work. I don't put much past liberals and their media spin machine, but you can't blithely discount the CIA as an institution. People need to stop living in partisan bubbles and look at the big picture, the country has to be governed somehow.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts