National Gun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Red State Rising
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing with google's new browser, Chrome and I clicked on a forum topic (after having just visited a different topic) and I suddenly got this message.

Dear Website-Visitor,

the Google-Browser CHROME is not allowed on this site.
Please use any alternative browser and come back.

This makes me a sad panda. =[

·
Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
What the hell is Chrome?

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Im sorry. I have just did some investigating.

This is what I am doing.

From Google:

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.

http://www.google.com/chrome/eula.html

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
I am going to do a little more research, and maybe lift this. For now I am sorry but do not want to much of sig232, or my information leaving the admin.......

·
Red State Rising
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:D

WHOOPS, found out that the EULA fixed this.... Sorry Phyia
Thanks, I appreciate it Travis.

Yeah I've been hearing a lot about what google can store, or other web browsers for that matter. Bottom line is, your ISP stores EVERYTHING you do anyway, so that the feds can subpeona it whenever they want. So the internet privacy act is basically bs.

·
Red State Rising
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What the hell is Chrome?
Chrome is google's new web browser, like internet explorer or Firefox. Just another program designed for viewing websites.

You can download it at google.com. I actually like it, and it's nice on my work computer because it has a thing called 'Incognito Browsing' which does not store any history, so my IT department can't tell I'm looking at gun forums and other stuff when they do maintenance on my computer.

·
Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
Chrome is google's new web browser, like internet explorer or Firefox. Just another program designed for viewing websites.

You can download it at google.com. I actually like it, and it's nice on my work computer because it has a thing called 'Incognito Browsing' which does not store any history, so my IT department can't tell I'm looking at gun forums and other stuff when they do maintenance on my computer.
Ok thanks.

·
Red State Rising
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's true that Google is a mega company that dominates a market, but at least no one can say they treat their employees unfairly. I think how a company treats their employees says a lot about them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts