National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Premium Member
9,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What and for who are you going to be buying a gun for Christmas? Apologies to those who don’t celibate Christmas.
I just ordered a CVA Optima .50 stainless muzzle loader for my son. He wants to start hunting with one. I’ve told him about the many times I’ve gone hunting with a fresh snow and my Hawkin. It’s almost magical to stalk in the snow.

· Registered
8,425 Posts
I bought me a gun for my birthday (next week) and Christmas...............for the next decade.....at least according to my wife.................:thumbsup:

Reactions: Philmo11

· Registered
396 Posts
I already bought myself an AR for my birthday in September. If I find a good deal on a decent pump 12ga, then I'll get that, otherwise I'll probably be getting myself a red dot optic for the AR. I don't generally buy guns for anybody but myself or my wife, guess I'm just selfish that way. :wink:

· Registered
17,542 Posts
I'm just going to stock up on primers and some jacketed bullets that i'm running low on. Maybe some superhard lead too so i can whip up a batch of hard lead and cast some more late winter/early spring.

· Registered
6,726 Posts
i have not bought them any guns.......but i have given some of my collection away piece by piece over the years...

· Jesus Saves
8,680 Posts
What and for who are you going to be buying a gun for Christmas? Apologies to those who don’t celibate Christmas.
I just ordered a CVA Optima .50 stainless muzzle loader for my son. He wants to start hunting with one. I’ve told him about the many times I’ve gone hunting with a fresh snow and my Hawkin. It’s almost magical to stalk in the snow.
Why apologize to those who do not celebrate Christmas?

I find that disturbingly interesting.

BTW, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas everyone!! Our Savior is born!

· Premium Member
9,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I added that simply because there are some members who don’t share the beliefs of others. There are Jews, Athiests , Agnostics , Hindu’s and Muslim’s on this forum who don’t celebrate the birth of Jesus. That doesn’t make them any less American but they simply have different beliefs. If I was of a different religion that doesn’t celebrate Christmas, I may get my nose out of joint having it thrown up in my face every December. I was just trying to be kind. I do say merry Christmas to every one regardless of who they are and who they may worship because it’s the thought that counts. If I were in Iraq and someone said “ praise Allah” I wouldn’t be offended and would accept the thought as positive towards me.

· Super Moderator
15,174 Posts
I'm an atheist. It doesn't bother me if someone else celebrates Christmas or other religious holidays. Or believes in any variety of deities. Posting about it on a forum here doesn't bother me.

Religious nutjobs who knock on my door (I was once one of those, sadly), people who get on a forum like this and criticize non-believers or cram their religion down my throat. Yeah, that crap is inappropriate.

Nevertheless, it says more about the nutjobs than me. It still doesn't piss me off, it just make it easy to asses others.

"The measure of a man can be determined by the kinds of things which anger him."

--Wag--

· Jesus Saves
8,680 Posts
My comment was made because I am tired of apologizing and hearing others apologize for no reason. There is no reason to apologize. Obama started that crap and now we have to feel apologetic just in case others do not agree with us.

One should never have to apologize for their faith in Jesus. Are you really sorry if your faith in Jesus offends others? Do you apology for being American? For being white (if you are).

Stop the insanity and be proud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
9,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I’m not sorry. I fell sorry for them for being offended. Personally I could give a rats butt what people think about my faith and it’s between me and the good lord. My church is in the woods and I feel a more spiritual connection there than I ever did in a church.

· Registered
8,425 Posts
I added that simply because there are some members who don’t share the beliefs of others. There are Jews, Athiests , Agnostics , Hindu’s and Muslim’s on this forum who don’t celebrate the birth of Jesus. That doesn’t make them any less American but they simply have different beliefs. If I was of a different religion that doesn’t celebrate Christmas, I may get my nose out of joint having it thrown up in my face every December. I was just trying to be kind. I do say merry Christmas to every one regardless of who they are and who they may worship because it’s the thought that counts. If I were in Iraq and someone said “ praise Allah” I wouldn’t be offended and would accept the thought as positive towards me.

Festivus for the rest of us!

· Registered
1,831 Posts
Got myself an old Stevens 94 I am restoring basics change worn parts for new ones, screws, take the stock fill screw holes (tooth picks, wood glue) to tighten up reassembly keeping original stock and color of. A Tinkerer to keep me busy with time off during winter.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.