National Gun Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
If I can comfortably handle & shoot a .45, why the heck would I buy a .22 for carry? LoL
Exactly. You might also keep in mind that, as you shoot and become more proficient with whatever firearm/caliber you choose, you'll find that you become more accustomed to shooting in general, and that you just might be able to handle more than you could to begin with. So don't choose "this" particular caliber/gun and think, "That's it". Train with it, build your muscles and reflexes, and keep trying new guns and calibers at your convenience.

Good luck, and welcome to the world of firearms!

Reactions: Popeye

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Exactly. You might also keep in mind that, as you shoot and become more proficient with whatever firearm/caliber you choose, you'll find that you become more accustomed to shooting in general, and that you just might be able to handle more than you could to begin with. So don't choose "this" particular caliber/gun and think, "That's it". Train with it, build your muscles and reflexes, and keep trying new guns and calibers at your convenience.

Good luck, and welcome to the world of firearms!
Very well worded. I have said many times the best gun for anyone is the one you personally shoot the best and you personally trust the most. There is no right or wrong answer. If the particular gun works well for you, you shoot it well and you trust it to go bang every time you pull the trigger that gun is perfect for you.

Same goes for ammo but that would start a whole new debate so I won't go there.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts