National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it comes to firearms, I spare no expense. That's a LIE, I'm a certified card carryin cheapskate! So, when I saw a reflex red dot for $22 shipped, had to try it. I've got one on my AR, one on my Sig 365XL, and one on my Ruger Sec 9 and they were all $150-$250 mark. Been havin eyesight problems + the red dots helped my pistol shooting immensely.

So anyway, this red dot arrived yesterday + I was amazed by it's weight + solid construction. I've bought a few other CVLife accessories (slings, bipods, light) and been happy with them all. Slapped it on my 10/22 + at 25yds first round missed paper. Moved to about 15yds + it was about 6" low but windage almost dead nuts. Tweaked it twice more + put it right on the bull. Windage adj has nice firm clicks. Elevation not so much! Glass is crystal clear with 4 reticles + red/green option. Comes with VERY nice plastic cover for storage/cleaning. Had to purchase these for my Sig + Holosun red dots.

Now I would never put this on an AR although most the reviews I read were AR applications. Just don't see how this could withstand the abuse/recoil a centerfire duty rifle. But, for playin around in the backyard/range with a rimfire, I would really, REALLY recommend this optic. I already had a pic rail + QD rings on my 10/22s scope. I'm hopin I can somehow find QD screws/levers for this base. That'll give me the ability to swap back + forth real quick/easy like I do on my AR. Time will tell the story, but for now, I've already got my money's worth. Don't see how they can do it for $22 + next day delivery!!!

·
AZHerper
5,159 Posts
Looks good. Message about using on low recoil guns appreciated. The red dot sights for guns were a spinoff of the Telrad reflex sights used in astronomy. I put one on one of my telescopes back in the 1970's. I really didn't anticipate how great they would be for guns. The Telrad cost has stayed the same at $48 since the 70's.

·
Aim true !
12,421 Posts
That is a great idea about the Telrad! Mine are huge lol. I should put my unused red-dots on my 10 in dobsonian and my C-8.

Reactions: gvaldeg1
1 - 6 of 6 Posts