National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,326 Posts
I only have a .44 special but it's a fair enough weapon. I'm betting you'll enjoy it.

--Wag--

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Registered
15,827 Posts
I was looking at one of these in 45acp at my LGS. There is one quirk to these being they don't use moon clips and use semi auto rounds. Rounds don't just drop in the cylinder like normal revolver ammo, there is a spring loaded catch on the star ejector in each chamber so you have to push the round past and they sort of snap into place. I was playing with it a bit and noticed if you raised the ejector rod part way they would drop right in and then you can lower the rod. Not sure which way was quicker or easier but neither is as fast as loading a regular DA revolver. I'm still thinking about picking it up but i want to look at it again.

·
Registered
15,827 Posts

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
That 4" 9mm would be appealing to me. I absolutely love the "no moon clips" design.

I've had, and still have one, a couple of guns that required moon clips. Talk about quirky... Took a special tool to get the rounds inserted and removed from the .45acp moon clip for the S&W Governor.

The .380 revolver (Taurus UL .380) I kept has moon clips I can load and unload by hand... Has a better designed clip than the S&W.

·
Aim true !
12,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll grab it tomorrow. He's closed today. I dickered around about a SW31-1 with myself. It was gone then. Don't want to miss out on the charter. I like my Ruger blackhawk in 10mm/40sw. No moon clips needed for it too. It's nice not having to chase brass. Especially the 10mm. We all know how far they fly out of a semi-auto.

·
Aim true !
12,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I called Zach he's holding it for me. i have an Dr appt 1st. Then ill go pick up the pitt bull.

·
Aim true !
12,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
3 hours for NICS. Finally home with it. I grabbed a spare mag for my .380 ez too.

·
Aim true !
12,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I loaded it. You twist the rounds in. Hope Thursday to shoot it. Weather looks decent. Tomorrow a high of 20 burr..

Reactions: IowaShooter

·
Aim true !
12,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Fast forward to 4 mins. He pushes them in though. My owners manual said to give them a slight twist. My rear sights are black and are adjustable.

Reactions: IowaShooter
1 - 20 of 28 Posts