National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read on the shooting wire where Charter Arms is going to offer the new 327 caliber in their Bulldog frame. Looks like a winner and the price is reasonable.

Check it out on their website and let me know what you think. Do you think a 327 in the $400 range will sell well??

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
The .32 cartridge is the redheaded step child of the caliber wars. It has been a wildcat by a lot of different outfits and people over the years. If this one is going to make it you will see S&W jump on the band wagon. Till they do it is just drifting at sea looking for a place to land. IMHO what can it really do that I can't already do with a .38/.357 :?: ;)

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,728 Posts
It may sell, for a while, until people discover what a shoddy product Charter produces and sells.

G

·
Baldy said:
The .32 cartridge is the redheaded step child of the caliber wars. It has been a wildcat by a lot of different outfits and people over the years. If this one is going to make it you will see S&W jump on the band wagon. Till they do it is just drifting at sea looking for a place to land. IMHO what can it really do that I can't already do with a .38/.357 :?: ;)

You must know that S&W already produces the 432PD a .32 magnum that looks like the 342 (.38 Special) only difference is in .38 it is a 5-shot, the .32 mag is a 6-shot revolver. I sell a lot of these, most folks think they have been discontinued but a couple of the larger distributors still have them made by S&W. One other nice thing is this gun will also fire the .32 Long& the .32 Short rounds as well

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
billdeserthills said:
Baldy said:

You must know that S&W already produces the 432PD a .32 magnum that looks like the 342 (.38 Special) only difference is in .38 it is a 5-shot, the .32 mag is a 6-shot revolver. I sell a lot of these, most folks think they have been discontinued but a couple of the larger distributors still have them made by S&W. One other nice thing is this gun will also fire the .32 Long& the .32 Short rounds as well
And...........its a real nice gun for the ladies since it does not have that sharp kick that the 38 special has in the lightweight revolvers. Its a trade off of course but it will still bring a halt to a potential rapist.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
billdeserthills said:
Baldy said:

I sure do know about it and it's sweet little gun but, the .327 has a sharp snap to it and I don't think many ladies will like it. Fact I don't know any women that likes the .32mag. I have known a few over the years that like the .32's and .38's but none that cared for the magnums including my wife who shoots more than most. I would rather have the 432PD than the .327. -I

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Baldy said:
billdeserthills said:
Baldy said:

I sure do know about it and it's sweet little gun but, the .327 has a sharp snap to it and I don't think many ladies will like it. Fact I don't know any women that likes the .32mag. I have known a few over the years that like the .32's and .38's but none that cared for the magnums including my wife who shoots more than most. I would rather have the 432PD than the .327. -I

You are correct! After further research I did see that the 327 has quite a kick to it and would not be a good ladies revolver. It does shoot the 32 H&R Mag and the 32 long and short I believe so it might be a good choice with the less powerfull rounds.

Appears it is another round that will die off within a few years. But may make the gun companies a few bucks.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see Combat Handguns has an article on the 327 mag also. This one is a Ruger 327 with a 3" barrel. Looks cool but costs almost $600 and the revolver weighs 28 ounces. A bit on the heavy side for a carry revolver, at least for me.

But, of course, I would never think twice about strapping on a 27 oz 45 acp as a carry weapon for the woods or dangerous parts of the city.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts