National Gun Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody use one, I have handled the browning Hp but I wanted to know if this is just cheap knockoff. It seems like a nice firearm But I am not sure I want to look into getting one just yet. any help would be appreciated

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I currently have both a Browning [FN], 1982 vintage, and a Charles Daly.

Side by side comparison indicates that the CD is about .25 oz. heavier with a somewhat thicker trigger guard. [This difference shows up when I use the Fobus holster configured for the FN.]

The CD is slightly looser in tolerances than the FN and group size is consistently about ¾ inch larger at 25 yards with the same ammunition. [Both are under 4 inches with the FN about three.]

Initially the CD trigger pull was gritty and inconsistent. Once I removed the magazine safety, the grittiness was gone and, after about 500 rounds on the CD the pull is quite similar to the FN. [I pulled the magazine safety from the FN years ago.] Neither has had a trigger job and both break at a little over 4.5 pounds.

I did find it necessary to polish the feed ramp and chamber on the CD, but I find that I must do this to almost all of my recent pistol purchases. Craftsmanship seems to be a thing of the past.

So, why did I buy it? Well, the FN is a factory Nickel job and I wanted a less showy pistol for carry in the woods, general plinking and thumping around. If this one gets scratched up it won’t bother me as much. Besides, new in the box it was only $330. I paid almost that much for a P22.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I wonder who is the mfg of the Charles Daly HP?

Any member know?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts