National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello im new to this site.my question is can u switch the barrels in a glock,for ex. put a .45 barrel in a glock model that chambered 9mm and still shot it with no problem.do any other modifications need to be made like a different firing pin?please help

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
first of all welcome to the forum.as to your question i'm no expert but i think the only interchangeable barrels are for the .40 and the .357 sig.the brass is the same size so no change is needed in the magazines or chamber.but like i said i'm no expert. someone with more knowledge than myself will be along shortly.while your waiting go over to the new members page and introduce yourself.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
hello im new to this site.my question is can u switch the barrels in a glock,for ex. put a .45 barrel in a glock model that chambered 9mm and still shot it with no problem.do any other modifications need to be made like a different firing pin?please help
Short answer: NO!

If you asked this question the long answer will mean nothing to you.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Of course, you can always buy a conversion kit to shoot .22s, but the kits ae not cheap (arounnd $275).

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
If you have any of the 357 sig or 40 caliber models you can buy a barrel to add the second caliber. Either caliber will work with the supplied magazines.

You can also buy a 9 mm conversion barrel that will fit in some Glock models of 357 sign or 40 cal. But you will have you buy separate 9 mm magazines that work for that size frame.

The 45 and 10 mm calibers have way too much power to be fitted into the smaller frame Glocks, without changing out the slides and a whole lot more. If you want a 45 caliber buy a model 21 or other 45 cal Glock.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
On some models that are close you could swap the slide. You would be looking at about $300 for a Caspian replacement stainless slide, $150 barrel, the cost of sights and all the slide guts. Now add in the question on how well do you know the Glock and are you comfortable enough to do major surgery on it? IMHO, you are better off forgetting the idea and hunting up a used one in the caliber you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts