National Gun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Genius in Training
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no problem admitting that I am not an expert on CC or all of the options for a good CCP. I've been looking at the sig p365 for some time now but $500 has always seemed just out of my budget. Due to our recently turned $hi77y society and I believe it was Aged Warrior's recent post about having a knife flashed to him in my area I have decided that getting a CCP is a little more urgent. The people at a LGS say that $500 isn't bad for any concealed sized pistol, especially for one of SIG quality, and that I wasn't going to find many options for much less than that. How true is that statement? The only options I know much about are Glock, which is most likely going to be even more expensive, or Ruger and is still going to be well into the $400 dollar range. I would much rather pay the extra $50 to have a SIG over a Ruger. The reason I ask is because a car accident made money even more tight and I'll get the p365 if need be but I was wondering if there were any decent options that are noticeably cheaper. I've been trying for some time now but haven't had any luck on the used markey. Preferably 9mm and I will never buy a pistol with a manual safety under any circumstances.

· Aim true !
14,164 Posts
Maybe a Canik TP9 elite? Last month when i got my TP9SFX. My LGS had the elite at 360.00. The Caniks have a sweet trigger, And i think the elite has 15 round mags. 3,5 inch barrel.

· Registered
6,726 Posts
my suggestion is figure out how you want to carry on your person first and then chose a gun for that chosen carry method.....that will either broaden or narrow down the field when you debate capacity, caliber, weight, and bulk/size......

for concealed carry....my preference is pocket carry...it's simple, conceals well........

you can get a decent new gun under $400 for practically any method of carry......Ruger and Smith comes to mind....providing you can find find one in this on-going panic.....be patient and do not settle......get a gun that will work for you and your chosen carry method........other-wise, it will get left at the house.

Reactions: Redlands Okie

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,012 Posts
..... and I will never buy a pistol with a manual safety under any circumstances.
Why? Just because a pistol has a manual safety doesn't mean you are required to use the safety.

· Registered
396 Posts
There's plenty of good concealable pistols out there in the $300-400 range. I would say that $500 for a Sig is fair, but that doesn't necessarily mean you have to spend that much to get a good one.

Roger LC9 is a nice one that can be readily found for around $350. At least, thats what I've seen them for around here.

· Live Free
4,509 Posts
Nothing wrong with the P365 (I prefer it), but there are more economical choices possible like a S&W Shield, or a Springfield XD Mod 2 subcompact or their new Hellcat or choices from Ruger or CZ and more. The challenge is availability in the current market. I have not shopped for much lately, but it seems a lot of economical firearms are all gone for now, though that might be improving.
The P365 is a very good pistol in my opinion. Shoots accurately and very controllable. Mine has been 100% reliable. But I also know the Springfield XD’s to be very reliable also, and great shooters. It would be best to handle some if possible; try them would be even better.

· Registered
6,328 Posts
The Sig p365 has been the best selling sub compact/micro compact for a while. If that means anything.

I have a Ruger LCP that I pocket carried as a back up for while...My issue was, there isn't a fast way to deploy a pocket pistol...I can do a mag change faster than digging a gun out of my pocket. 🤷‍♂️

Good luck with whatever you get....just get something, being armed doesn't guarantee you anything but it does provide you with a chance.

· Super Moderator
15,152 Posts
Sig isn't the only excellent pistol out there. Absolutely nothing wrong with Ruger, Beretta, Glock, S&W, etc. Don't close yourself off to the others.

And by all means, rent a few and try before you buy.

--Wag--

· Registered
8,425 Posts
I've had a couple Kahr's I really liked. Wish I had them.
I have my CM-9 for sale at my LGS; it was replaced by the 365
That said, even if you can get the gun, AMMO is hardly available

· Registered
8,425 Posts
It isn't robbery if you don't have any. Normal price for Gold Dots is .80/round

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.