1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,995 Posts
46% at the moment

·
Registered
369 Posts
My opinion, the "only for self defense" option was put in to divide the 'yes' answers and make the pro-carry group seem smaller than it is. Don't know how much effect it will actually have, but it serves as an example of how the media can manipulate and misrepresent data sets.

·
Registered
579 Posts
My opinion, the "only for self defense" option was put in to divide the 'yes' answers and make the pro-carry group seem smaller than it is. Don't know how much effect it will actually have, but it serves as an example of how the media can manipulate and misrepresent data sets.
Yep. I'm agree with you AA.
I open carry some out hunting and fishing.
However, I don't do polls.
Think all these polls misrepresent the truth because the "silent majority" won't participate.

·
Live Free
2,894 Posts
Yes, polls are used for manipulative purposes on both sides. This one seems designed for manipulation...

·
Registered
705 Posts
If you go by a poll on what you should do to protect your self and family when you are carjacked at the Wally World parking lot, then you deserve to die. You are responsible for EVERYTHING you say and do.

Keep these in mind when you are begging for your life or your families.
c3bf8dbcfcada9cf948c03abd44e8f44.jpg socv8 (2).jpg n0zFLAe.jpg MarkTwain.jpeg View attachment 108828

I am too old to run from anything and will go down only when I have no more ammo or knife to win that battle. I LOVE LIFE no matter how crippled I am and want to live a lot longer. How about you? That is why I carry at least one knife and one gun, most of the time two guns just as Police do. Always concealed as there are those that would lie to the Police about you so you would lose those rights to protect your self and they not suffer any consequences for that lie, if caught in it.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Used to open carry but went concealed in the last couple of years.
Here in AZ any citizen can do that without a permit of any kind within the state. Did have permits in two other states.
Been carrying for over 50 years now. Needed it a few times, never had to shoot but came close.
To old to fight now, I'll just shoot them if the time shows a need.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I carry in "PUBLIC" weather you do or do not is not of my concern I choose therefore I am responsible for ME and MY FAMILY...Now if you and yours are aided along the way it is merely me looking out for me and mine.

·
Super Moderator
14,238 Posts
Most of the public here aren't afraid of guns.

Alan

Reactions: Fitasc Shooter

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
8 days later and still at 46%

Sounds like another BS poll

·
Registered
705 Posts
If you have ever open carried any where, all a person has to do is lie when they call the police and say they were threatened by me carrying a gun---not by pointing it or waving it around---they were just uncomfortable.

You will find out quickly when the police show that you will need a lawyer.

NO ONE NEEDS TO KNOW
that you have a gun---or the reason.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I believe that the people should be allowed to carry concealed in public. I think about that church in texas this last Sunday, Had that guy have known that there were guns in that church and they were prepared to use them, he probably would not have been there and if the guns weren't there, how much worse would it have been. The biggest issue for me is Gun Free Zones or soft targets. if you have an area like a school, church, store ect. and you advertise that it is a gun free zone. then a bad person knows there will be little resistance for them.

Wayne LaPierre said it best
"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun"

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
Answer 1 of 3
Yes! The Second Amendment guarantees it.
1502k votes 46%

Answer 2 of 3
No, it's too dangerous.
1745k votes 53%

Answer 3 of 3
Only for self defense.
33k votes 1%

There is only one correct answer if you are Pro2a and yet 33k got it wrong. :frown2:

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,995 Posts
Answer 4 of 3 (The option not offered)
Because I want to.
0 votes 0%

Reactions: Wag

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I believe that the people should be allowed to carry concealed in public. I think about that church in texas this last Sunday, Had that guy have known that there were guns in that church and they were prepared to use them, he probably would not have been there and if the guns weren't there, how much worse would it have been. The biggest issue for me is Gun Free Zones or soft targets. if you have an area like a school, church, store ect. and you advertise that it is a gun free zone. then a bad person knows there will be little resistance for them.

Wayne LaPierre said it best
"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun"
This!

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,357 Posts
IMHO, every law-abiding citizen should be able to carry concealed or openly, based on his/her preference. Around here people open carry and almost no one thinks anything about it. I tend to conceal carry due to the bad guy will probably assault the open carrier first, to eliminate a possible threat to his/her criminal activity.

Reactions: Caper
1 - 16 of 16 Posts