National Gun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of purchasing a Brigand arms carbon fiber handguard. I have a few questions for you all.

Do you think carbon fiber parts are a gimmick?

Would you buy a carbon fiber part such as a handguard for your AR15?

Is there one part of the AR15 you believe should be Carbon Fiber?

·
Live Free
3,372 Posts
Good carbon fiber is not a gimmick, but it is typically pricey. I would probably not personally, but mainly because I am unwilling to spend for it. I have worked with carbon fiber on aircraft parts; it is strong, light and a bit of a pain to work on because it dulls tooling pretty fast. Should make a great handguard.

·
Registered
381 Posts
My AR has a carbon fiber receiver. It's noticeably lighter, and I haven't done any stress tests (nor do I plan to) but it feels sturdy and durable. It all depends on what you get, some will be good, some won't.

·
Registered
14,552 Posts
I have a carbon fiber hand guard on one of mine and love it. It's super light, feels good in the hand but they are pricey. I forgot the brand but i think it was north of $200 for this one. I treat my guns nice so i can't vouch for the strength but carbon fiber is supposed to be really strong. This whole set up was built to be light, i think i have a couple of handguns that are heavier.

20191102_052206[1].jpg
20191102_052213[1].jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts