National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The recent post showing the anti car jacking flames coming out of the bottom of the car made me wonder if this is still a big time crime in the larger cities?

It was a common everyday experience when I lived in California back in the 1980's.

In 1993 I moved to Oregon and in that year and the next there were two instances listed in the paper and on the local news about individuals with carry permits dispatching two car jackers. Both were killed and it was all over the TV the same night. Wow! I thought what a deterrent to that crime!

Since then I only hear of car jackings where they take a car from a defenseless woman with a child! But its a rare occurrence in Oregon. What is your experience in your state? Is it still a good way for Tweekers to pick up an nice ride??

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
http://www.theonerepublic.com/archives/ ... urder.html

probably don't hear about them so much because they are getting as prevailent as bank robbery in some areas. Or they could be like the victims in the Knoxville, TN incident that I posted above...bet you can guess why you never heard of this case before. It was the most brutal thing I have read in a long time.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My shooting buddy has a friend that came back from Viet Nam a bit angry. Back in the late 1980's he was at a gas station one night in the north Portland area and Bubba tried to jack his friend as he was pumping gas. Big mistake.....the guy has no fear of death!

He took the gun out of Bubbas hand in one swift motion and in front of all the bystanders jammed it down his throat and said, "What Do You Think Would Happen If I pulled This Trigger!" The look in his eye was like a wild stallion that was about to be ridden for the first time. People watching said that they knew he was going to blow the guys brains out just based on his attitude and behavior.

Bubba was crying and about to meet his maker when a police officer came on the sciene and managed to talk the Vet into giving up the gun. The jacker went to jail after having a complete near death experience and the Vet went off to the mental hospital for observation.

G

·
SatanzBountyHunter said:
http://www.theonerepublic.com/archives/Columns/Alexander/20070507AlexanderMurder.html

probably don't hear about them so much because they are getting as prevailent as bank robbery in some areas.
Gotta agree with this statement. There are reports of carjackings in Denver, but to be honest, they are usually in areas you wouldn't hang out at during times you wouldn't be caught dead there.

·
Registered
761 Posts
It probably happens so often in Milwaukee and Madison that no one bothers to mention it anymore.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
spanielsells said:
Zulu7 said:
It probably happens so often in Milwaukee and Madison that no one bothers to mention it anymore.
Hey, where in WI are you? I'm in Baraboo at least twice a year.
"Baraboo", "Baraboo" is that close to "MooseJaw?"
;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
761 Posts
spanielsells said:
Zulu7 said:
Hey, where in WI are you? I'm in Baraboo at least twice a year.

About an hour and a half north of Eau Claire. About 30 minutes NE of Rice Lake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts