National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone backed into my wife's car in a parking lot and dented the rear fender. In the shop for a $1,800 repair, a minor inconvenience for the week. It is amazing how much it cost to fix a small damaged area on autos nowadays.

Of course even though it was the other persons fault we get stuck for a portion of the deductibles. Parking lot accidents are considered a no-fault type accident so we get to put out a few bucks.

Have you had any similar experiences recently?

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Not recently, but a few years ago a woman turned into me in a grocery store parking lot. I saw her looking left and right, and then she just turned! Not serious fortunately, just dinged my passenger side fender. I felt kinda sorry for her as she was so apologetic and seemed more concerned for my car than her own!!! The repair costs were around $2000 and her insurance paid, I just had my deductible.

I hated it though, as I take such good care of my car........

G

·
A few years back I ownd a VTi honda civic I was comin home from work in a bit of a hurry,I came round an Traffic island I saw this woman in here car but she didnt see me!! T-boned me in rush hour traffic,Man I was Fumin!! I jumpd out in the Middle of the road charged over to her(shes winding the window up Now!!) But when I got to the car She had a child in the bak....S**t changed everything!! Now Im askin if shes alright hows the Kid r U o.k?...cut along story short...when I finally got her to stop appologising and crying I told her not to worry bout it! fixd it myself....Amasing what a Slide Hammer and some bondo can do............ ;)

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Boo Boo is all fixed and they did an excellent job. Can't see any marks and they replaced the whole bumper with a new cap, looks great! Wife is very happy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts