National Gun Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Does anyone else see the irony in this? I mean they are protesting because Officer Chauvin "took a knee" on George Floyd's neck for nine minutes.

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
WSP apologizes after video surfaces of trooper saying ‘Don’t kill them, but hit them hard’

SEATTLE – Washington State Patrol has apologized for “the poor choice of words” used by a WSP team leader who was recorded telling troopers “don’t kill them, but hit them hard” as they prepared for possible confrontation at a protest in Seattle over the killing of George Floyd.

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
"kneeling probably derives from a core principle in mammalian nonverbal behavior: make the body smaller and look up to show respect, esteem, and deference. This is seen, for example, in dogs and chimps, who reduce their height to show submissiveness. Kneeling can also be a posture of mourning and sadness. It makes the one who kneels more vulnerable. In some situations, kneeling can be seen as a request for protection"

The society of the arch-Heathens was a hierarchical society. A society in which every person’s worth was meticulously evaluated. From thralls, to Freemen, to the ruling Elite; groups of people were not equal to other groups of people, and people were certainly not an equals of a god. There is written evidence of men kneeling to Chieftains, Lords and Kings. In fact this is still carried on today in some places. We also have written accounts of men kneeling, not just before the gods themselves, but also to divine idols. Men were not equal to the gods and the arch-Heathens recognized and accepted this.

The level of respect for going to a God is to kneel.

Despite the evidence that we have to support the practice of kneeling, there still seems to be reluctance to do this in modern times. It can be agreed that most of us no longer live in strictly hierarchical society, and some things must evolve and change in the modern era. However, to try to lower the gods to the level of men or raise men to the level of gods is folly.

I will kneel before my God.
I will kneel for no man.
That is one of the principles that the USA was founded upon.

·
"You talkin to me?"
4,243 Posts
it is amazing how something sometimes considered minute is done only once it's come to be expected to keep on doing it ever after
" I will kneel before my God.
I will kneel for no man."

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
"I will kneel before my God.
I will kneel for no man.
That is one of the principles that the USA was founded upon. "

Agreed! We are not living under a monarchy, The USA had a very bloody war back in the late 1700s to get rid of a despotic monarch, since the war against the monarch was won, we DO NOT HAVE TO KNEEL AND ASK FORGIVENESS FROM NO ONE!
In the USA, we are all equals, blacks, whites, Asian, Latinos, etc. therefore, none one has to knell to another American.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Y’all seriously don’t understand the significance of taking a knee in this context. SMH. Ironic you say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
my perspective.......and take this with a grain of salt.......

the officers talking and kneeling are simply trying to deescalate things......

now whether that are sincere in their words/taking a knee....or not and just trying to placate the crowd......

it is to simply deescalate the current situtation. The officers are basicly in hostage negotiation mode....the truth and real feelings and facts do not matter as long as the objective is obtained....in this case....reduced violence and calming a crowd and giving them a sense of victory.....

but................

from some talk i have heard from a few area officers......a lot of them are in shock and have a very low opinion of the officers and depts that "take a knee"......considering the looting and shootings and rampage is happening across this Country....they consider taking a knee too high a price and a surrender to what they consider to be a false narrative and anarchy.....

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
If you really want to you can find racism is just about every ting being said or done right now......if you really want to

·
Registered
6,003 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have never asked anyone, period, to kneel down to me. Don't approve of asking or doing.
Regardless of the reaction, I will never bow or kneel. To anyone.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts