National Gun Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have a Cimarron Lightning by Uberti that I bought new and have only fired with plastic or wax bullets since I bought it 4 years ago. For the first time today I tried to remove the cylinder, but it will not come out.

Per instructions, the gate was open, hammer at half cock, cylinder pin pulled forward all the way to the grip on the ejector slide. The cylinder pin doesn't come out of the gun and doesn't have any play when pulled fully forward. But the cylinder will not come out, in fact, it gets somewhat jammed and requires some finagling to get it back in place so the cylinder pin can be reinserted.

Any ideas welcomed! :)

Carl

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,684 Posts
Let the hammer all the way down (dry fire if it won't go all the way. unloaded of course), then back to half cock (make sure the cylinder spins), pull the cylinder pin out as far as it will go, then open the loading gate and try.

Alan

Reactions: Popeye

·
Super Moderator
14,684 Posts
Will the cylinder turn in place with the pin pulled all the way out?

Alan

·
Super Moderator
14,684 Posts
Try pulling the ejector rod handle toward you looking at it from the left side. Not hard, just enough to see if it folds up.

Alan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alan, yes, but it tends to hang up. Then it's difficult to replace the pin. With the pin properly seated, the cylinder spins freely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts