National Gun Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this new tablet running Android 6 (Marshmellow), but I can't log in to NGF. I know I enter the correct username and pw, but it says one or both is incorrect. I've tried and tried, no luck. I know some people use Android devices on here, so what's my problem?

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
When I use my iPad, the virtual keyboard is touchy and other times unresponsive. I can’t make the keyboard drop down-ether. Sometimes it won’t scroll. Makes typing a hassle. Had a difficult time typing this.

·
Registered
13,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The RCA has a keyboard, so I use that most of the time. I tried the touch screen keyboard too. Nothing works. I use up my free tries, then have to come in and use the computer so I don't get locked out. I've downloaded the app, doesn't work. Nothing works.

·
Banned
1,453 Posts
Try typing your username and password into a notepad-like app or anything where you can actually see, in plain text, exactly what you're using.

Then, copy/paste the username into that field and the password in that field.

If that doesn't work then you know it's not a repetitive typo and it may be the "special" character(s) you're using in your password.

Some smart mobile devices send special characters in unicode that php doesn't understand.

The mods may be able to suggest other codes or a workaround.

Good luck.

·
Registered
13,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
May be right! Well, the other POS eBay arrived. Can't resist a new toy......it's only $100. Problem is, I say that a lot. But it's windows, I'm on it now. Come with 35gb of storage, of which 28gb is available, and windows takes 20gb of that. So I have 8gb. But I can do more, as much as I hate to say it. The RCA didn't see wifi at the park, but my phone picks it up fine, not sure what the deal is there, me or it. I'll try this one tomorrow. Fun fun fun.

·
Banned
1,453 Posts
May be right! Well, the other POS eBay arrived. Can't resist a new toy......it's only $100. Problem is, I say that a lot. But it's windows, I'm on it now. Come with 35gb of storage, of which 28gb is available, and windows takes 20gb of that. So I have 8gb. But I can do more, as much as I hate to say it. The RCA didn't see wifi at the park, but my phone picks it up fine, not sure what the deal is there, me or it. I'll try this one tomorrow. Fun fun fun.
If it's Windows 10, it may be an upgrade from a previous version. If so, there's a way for getting rid of the old OS plus the whole Win10 (no-longer needed) upgrade files. Let me know.

Here's a neat, safe, tool you can use to determine just what's on the drive.

WinDirStat is a disk usage statistics viewer and cleanup tool for various versions of Microsoft Windows.
I breathe Windows, so let me know.

·
Registered
13,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's the android, but I'm in. No idea what I did different, but here I am.

·
Registered
13,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If it's Windows 10, it may be an upgrade from a previous version. If so, there's a way for getting rid of the old OS plus the whole Win10 (no-longer needed) upgrade files. Let me know.

Here's a neat, safe, tool you can use to determine just what's on the drive.

I breathe Windows, so let me know.
Actually, I do have have a winders question. This thing was supposed to come with windows s, supposedly a slimmed down windows. But this has a full bloated windows home. Can I downgrade it to a windows s?

·
Banned
1,453 Posts
Actually, I do have have a winders question. This thing was supposed to come with windows s, supposedly a slimmed down windows. But this has a full bloated windows home. Can I downgrade it to a windows s?
I'm gonna say, "No." The rollback was offered in a 30-day window (see what I did there), but you can look at this to see if downgrading is an option:

How to Uninstall Windows 10 and Downgrade to Windows 7 or 8.1

If you have the original install disks and Product Key, you can do a fresh install, but be sure to back up your data. Windows 10 has a backward-compatible Windows 7 backup feature at:

Capture.JPG

·
Registered
13,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Never had windows 7, but I just got this computer, so I'll check it out. But I think this is the original factory install, being brand new (sitting in a warehouse for 4 years).

·
Banned
1,453 Posts
Just install windows 7 and delete windows 10.
Be sure that Windows 7 drivers are available for all the hardware on board. Also, many updates for a fresh Win7 install are no longer available. Also, Microsoft tracks Product Keys and tries to block multiple installs.

Backup,Backup,Backup, Backup,Backup.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts