National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 12 gauge double barrel shotgun , it says on the side "norinco sl 12-spm" if you can find any information on it id appreciate it . I know it's a Chinese gun but that's really all I know !

Attachments

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
It looks a lot like a Norinco Model 99. Its a coachgun probably imported in the 1970s - 1980s to take advantage of the Cowboy Action craze.

·
Genius in Training
516 Posts
I am less that useless as I have no idea about the gun but I will say it's a nice looker. It's in great shape still (from what I can see.)

·
Banned
1,377 Posts
dsc_0308.jpg

Your pictures showing a Century Arms/Norinco 12 ga coach gun.

The Century Coach shotgun is true to the older shotguns of the era with double “Rabbit Ear” hammers as well as a manual safety between the hammers.The Coach Gun also has double triggers. Its a good gun and clients we sold one are all very happy with the way shoots and patterns. Sofar none of the guns has come back for repairs. We sold at US$ 250 some five years ago. Sold out now and Norinco doesnt make them at this moment.

Expect your gun to be VERY stiff to open at first, especially after the first few shots. After shooting clean it and polish the hinge ares. That seems to help quite a bit. It will loosen up after a bit of use.

We took the opportunity to caliper the barrels on these Norinco's and the right was a Modified choke and the left a Full Choke. So if you have the intention of shooting any slugs, better make sure you are doing so on the "full cylinder"

One thing to say about the hammered double, you can store the gun with all hammer springs at full rest. The internal hammer jobs, you'd have to store them disassembled to have the all springs at rest. Also, with internal hammers, it takes more effort to open the breech to unload spent rounds because the opening motion also cocks the hammers. External hammer guns drop right open as they are not hindered by any spring tension.

All buyers are happy with the gun. This shotgun has nicely finished wood with a standard blue finish. Now it’s not a $2000 Browning but for a shotgun of this type and use as a fun gun or home defense gun it’s just right. At $250.00 I don’t worry about an occasional scratch from walking the woods or practicing on the range.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
It looks a lot like a Norinco Model 99. Its a coachgun probably imported in the 1970s - 1980s to take advantage of the Cowboy Action craze.
Agree on the model however disagree on the timeframe. The earliest Norinco coach guns featured the tang safety but, lacked the crossbolt style firing pin block safety. this particular gun is much later production from Norinco and, probably dates to just prior to the Norinco import ban. As a result of that ban the Chinese exporters simply routed their guns through other companies such as Interstate Arms Corporation to get around the ban. The later guns were stamped IAC instead of Norinco. The guns are still being imported but under several brand names now days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts