National Gun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This being my first time on the forum im not positive if this question is being put in the wrong place or not. If i live in canada what animals can i shoot if i do not have a hunting liscence. If i have posted this in the wrong place please someone inform me so i can remove it and put it in the right place.

Thanks, Gun

·
Super Moderator
12,317 Posts
You posted in a good place on the forum. Nothing wrong there.

You'll have to go to a Canadian law site in order to know the specifics. If I had to speculate, I doubt there is much you can hunt without a license. Also, you need to know the rules on acquiring, owning, transporting and using a firearm, even a rifle.

Here's a link I Googled up. I have not read it yet, but it may have much of the information you need. It seems a bit dated already, though, so use caution using the contents of it: A Practical Guide to Canada's Gun Laws for Americans

Good luck and certainly, if you need any clarifications on terminology, components, hunting techniques, let us know.

--Wag--

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks their deffinetly more informed its just I'm trying to figure out if you need tags to shoot coyotes ( their pests they take chickens us and eaten our cats, and we even think our dog went with them and killed because they were out that night and somebody mentioned they had spotted a dead golden retreiver ) i know their legal to shoot ( it's just a matter of ethics ) but you need tags for bobcat and was wondering if it's for coyote to.

·
Super Moderator
12,317 Posts
It's just a matter of locale. We have open season on coyotes here in NM and now for feral hogs, too, which are decent eatin', from all accounts.

In some cases, the license is about wildlife management but in your case, I'd be more worried about the issues with gun laws specifically.

--Wag--

1 - 4 of 4 Posts