National Gun Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rack that slide on the pistol that you want her to become proficient with. Does she struggle with it or is it easy for her to handle? I have seen many who can fire the pistols without any problem and can hit accuractly, but......they struggle with that slide and that worries me!!

If they need to clear the pistol in an emergancy situation what will happen? Ever seen this at the range or with friends or someone you are trying to train.

I try to get them interested in a good revolver if I can. What is your solution?

G

·
Re: Can You Wife Or Girlfriend?

when I was looking for a mouse gun for my wife to carry, she picked up the keltec .32 and could not pull the slide back. She settled on a bersa Thunder .380 CC

G

·
GF couldn't rack the slide of a 1911 even if her life depended on it, however, is quite proficient with a .357 Magnum revolver.

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
This is a very interesting problem! I have great difficulty racking the slide on smaller calibers. My Beretta .25 kills me! I usually have to pull the hammer back, and then rack. I also tried a .32 - same problem!

Larger calibers: my CZ P-01 (9mm) and my husbands Beretta 96 .40 I have no problem racking. I have racked a few 1911's and a few .40 polymers no problem!!!

I think the thing is the size of the slide and how much you have to grip. I also use the push method as opposed to the pull.

G

·
My wife has no issues running the slide on any of my guns or hers - P32 through 1911. In fairness, my wife works out a lot and is probably stronger than most women her size (5'2"). Running the slide is more a matter of good technique than brute strength, however.

·
Registered
569 Posts
SheNine said:
I think the thing is the size of the slide and how much you have to grip. I also use the push method as opposed to the pull.
That's the method I tought my wife racking the slide, she has no problem
with either the XD or the M&P.

G

·
Nope - she's got a muscle disease - BUT - she's also a crack shot with autos/revolvers and rifles (as long as they aren't too heavy for her (5'5').
:mrgreen:

G

·
I haven't found a pistol that wifey can rack. She is a stroke survivor and never had much hand strength, less now. She can cock a revolver and since that is her preferrence she can do it real fast. She has a 32 H&R mag snubbie in the bedside and a 38 spl snubbie in the console. She is deadly at 15' which is plenty good for for self defense. :---

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
The Lady Gunrunner has no problem w/her H&K USPc or the Sigs and Taurii she had previously. She had a little challenge with the 1006 I just got, but I'll be honest -- it was a chore for me, too! Heavy danged spring in that sucker! I guess that means I'll have to load 'em a bit on the stout side.

G

·
gunrnr said:
The Lady Gunrunner has no problem w/her H&K USPc or the Sigs and Taurii she had previously. She had a little challenge with the 1006 I just got, but I'll be honest -- it was a chore for me, too! Heavy danged spring in that sucker! I guess that means I'll have to load 'em a bit on the stout side.
or change the spring

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
leeindy said:
gunrnr said:
or change the spring
Wouldn't that defeat the purpose?

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I was being a smart-alec. I liked the hot rounds in this pistol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts