National Gun Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I found this gun among my granfather's things and I don't know what it is, how much will it cost to restore and how much is it worth.
If you have any info it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Flavius

Attachments

·
Registered
13,190 Posts
Looks like a toy cap gun made from pop metal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a bummer, although I'm not sure if it's a toy gun, it has a hammer and everything, maybe someone has another idea. Thank you though.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,922 Posts
I cannot say for sure but it looks like a 1950s-1960s vintage toy cap gun.

Reactions: Stamps6

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
Even if it wasn't a cap gun; the frame is so corroded it has zero monetary value and no hope to restore, so enjoy it as a remembrance of your grandfather.

·
Premium Member
5,894 Posts
The rivet through the barrel is a dead give away. After you restore that one, see what you can do with this priceless heirloom and superb shooter. My grandfather shot buffalo with this while working for the railroad out west. C0ACEC8E-5DCC-4D62-A622-D5961A2E2918.jpeg

·
Registered
18,604 Posts

#2 P MARSHAL - These have been stored awhile and the plating is not as shiny as it once was. THERE ARE ONLY A FEW OF THESE LEFT AND WE ARE NOT SURE THEY WILL EVER GO BACK INTO PRODUCTION AGAIN! - $69.95 MADEIN U.S.A. DIECAST METAL - 10 1/2 inches long .( USES OUR # C6 or our CA 6 MAVERICK - MARSHAL PAPER ROUND CAPS ) CAPS LOAD ON THE BACK OF EACH METAL DIECAST BULLET . BULLETS LOAD INTO CYLINDER . WHEN TRIGGER IS SQUEEZED CYLINDER ROTATES AND HAMMER SHOULD POP EACH CAP . Cylinder rotation is pretty good but not perfect on the Marshal model cap gun pistol . ( CAPS NOT INCLUDED ) . ....... 1 to 10 MECHANISM TOUGHNESS RATING - 6 Made by Wild West Toys , CYLINDER DOES ROTATE WELL BUT NOT A GREAT CAP POPPER NOT GREAT FOR SMALL KIDS , MORE OF A COLLECTORS PIECE!

https://www.toyguntown.com/toy-cap-guns-pistols-for-sale-usa-made/2-p-marshal-cap-gun

1 - 11 of 11 Posts