National Gun Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys & gals, we’ve been an active forum for a few months now, and we don’t seem to be attracting a whole lot of interest in “The Market Place” section. There are a few different ways to look at that, starting with the fact that most of us seem to prefer to ratchet-jaw than buy or sell. And that’s OK, but I would like to see a more active trading area.

Maybe, in order to maybe kick-start the Classifieds section, we could suspend the 25-posts requirement, at least for a while. We’re still small and it seems that several of us are here all the time but there are a lot of folks who just come by once in a while. I really don’t understand what number of posts has to do with selling on this forum, anyway. It seems that if a person has a good rep on other forums s/he would be an honest partner in this one. Some folks just lurk and don’t write a lot. Heck, I’ve been registered on The High Road for four years and have 24 posts; on The Firing Line I’ve been a member for eight years and only have 167 posts. Meanwhile, if you asked me for references, I could provide many from those as well as S&W, GA, GB, Ebay, etc.

I’d like to hear what the members think and ask the Admin and the Mods to at least consider changing the criteria.

Thanks!

The Gunrunner

K

·
0 Posts
gunrnr said:
Well guys & gals, we’ve been an active forum for a few months now, and we don’t seem to be attracting a whole lot of interest in “The Market Place” section. There are a few different ways to look at that, starting with the fact that most of us seem to prefer to ratchet-jaw than buy or sell. And that’s OK, but I would like to see a more active trading area.

Maybe, in order to maybe kick-start the Classifieds section, we could suspend the 25-posts requirement, at least for a while. We’re still small and it seems that several of us are here all the time but there are a lot of folks who just come by once in a while. I really don’t understand what number of posts has to do with selling on this forum, anyway. It seems that if a person has a good rep on other forums s/he would be an honest partner in this one. Some folks just lurk and don’t write a lot. Heck, I’ve been registered on The High Road for four years and have 24 posts; on The Firing Line I’ve been a member for eight years and only have 167 posts. Meanwhile, if you asked me for references, I could provide many from those as well as S&W, GA, GB, Ebay, etc.

I’d like to hear what the members think and ask the Admin and the Mods to at least consider changing the criteria.

Thanks!

The Gunrunner
The part in bold is defiantly me... :mrgreen:
and I have passed over this place while selling or trading just because of the post restrictions. and at 1911forums for there 45 post requirement. maybe just lowering it to 10 would help without pushing to many away.

P.S. since I now have over 25 posts I have posted something in the Market Place.... :-B-:

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
How about this. We can run a trial. We will throw out the requirement and see how it goes... Cant hurt, I reckon!

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts