National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
All Other Weapons.

and only if you can legal purchase the item and have payed the proper taxs and have the form cleared

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Dethlokk said:
I went to a gun show last weekend and there was a private dealer selling what looked to be a Mossberg 500 Cruiser. It was the standard model with a 14" barrel and pistol grip in place of the stock, which technically makes it an AOW, does it not? Could I be mistaken or was this a legitimate private deal on an AOW?
A dealer must have a Class 3 FFL to sell NFA firearms, which includes 14" bbl shotguns. A 14" shotgun is not an "AOW", but is a shotgun regulated by the GCA. (“GCA” means the Gun Control Act of 1968, 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44).

A private party may not sell an NFA weapon either. See Chapters 1 - 5 of the NFA (actually now the GCA) handbook. If the individual in possession of the shotgun has not registered it with the ATF and tries to sell it, s/he is also in violation of the law and subject to some pretty hefty penalties.

Go to: http://www.atf.gov/firearms/nfa/nfa_handbook/

G

·
I don't know about AOW's, but they can sell TFF, GTGB, RF, AKOS, POSG, SSG, BP, but I am not so sure about AOW's, DFTTIP.

They CANNOT sell, STI, SFBL, CTF, APA, PTDBA.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
...and don't forget

. . . M - O - U - S - E

1 - 6 of 6 Posts